6 or 8 way seat?

SurfjaxLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I know if I have the 6 or 8 way adjustable seat. I'm missing the knob on the passenger side and need to know which one I have to replace it. It's a 2000.

how many switches are under the knob. I have 8 way and there are 3 switches under the horizontal know and 1 under the vertical knob. I assume (caution) 6 way would only have 2 switches under the horizontal knob.

SurfjaxLS said:
How do I know if I have the 6 or 8 way adjustable seat. I'm missing the knob on the passenger side and need to know which one I have to replace it. It's a 2000.

The passenger seat is 6-way (seat bottom up/down, fore/aft and the seat back tilt); the drivers, 8.

LS4me said:
The passenger seat is 6-way (seat bottom up/down, fore/aft and the seat back tilt); the drivers, 8.

just curious could u tell me the 8 way pattern?

the bottom can tilt by raising and lowering the front and back of the bottom independently

beaups said:
the bottom can tilt by raising and lowering the front and back of the bottom independently

Only the drivers seat has the tilt feature for the seat bottom.

beaups said:
oon my 03 the pass does too.

The passenger seat bottom cushion will go up and down, but not tilt, unless it has been modified.

ok I'll check it out tomorrow could be wrong but im 99% sure mine tilts. in fact i know there are 3 switches underneath the bottom button as I just had to replace the knob. Could be wrong cause i've never sat in the pass seat:)

beaups said:
ok I'll check it out tomorrow could be wrong but im 99% sure mine tilts. in fact i know there are 3 switches underneath the bottom button as I just had to replace the knob. Could be wrong cause i've never sat in the pass seat:)
It has the switches, but not the action. I had to go look to confirm it the first time I heard that, but I can tell you it's true of both my previous '04 and my current '06. FWIW, according to the '03 Order Guide, the passenger seat is 6-way.

I checked and you are correct, my passenger seat is six way. Time to get rid of the car - I wanted 8 way:)

not that. I'm talking about the third little switch that's behind the horizontal knob.

beaups said:
not that. I'm talking about the third little switch that's behind the horizontal knob.

Got a picture? I just checked both LSes. The first switch is the horizontal one for the seat cushion, the second vertical switch is for the seat back and the third horizontal switch is for the lumbar adjustment.

He's talking about the individual switches hidden behind the big knob that is used to move the seat up and down and back and forth. You are talking about the knobs that you see.

joegr said:
He's talking about the individual switches hidden behind the big knob that is used to move the seat up and down and back and forth. You are talking about the knobs that you see.

Oh.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back