calling all LS Owners

Hey gang, GMS wants some samples of bad coils to compare to their DS.
I also have a request for failed connectors from the other vendor.

Do any of you out there still have a failed cop (or three) from their LS?

I'd like to send both v6 units and v8 units to these guys to push them to finallize the one design and move on the other one.

come on gang, if you have bad coils that could be sent, email me and I'll send reply with the mail address to sent them to.

I was also told that Granetelli has taken some interest in our need for HD cop's so hopefully we can get this moving.

I'm interested!!

yeah, I'd definatly interested; I'm all about the reliablity and performance parts!

Has anyone considered trying to get someone to make us headers, throttle bodies or mass air meters (this last one would also be something to run by Granetelli). Although I don't know if any of these have any performance potential for our cars... I know they all did great things for my F-150!

they did have a MAF that they re-tuned - IIRC they dropped it in 2002 when there was no demand for them.

NateRW21 said:
... Has anyone considered trying to get someone to make us ... throttle bodies .

!

There has been a throttle body on EBay recently.
No performance claims.
$109 Buy It Now. (Not Mine.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=280062445229&rd=1&rd=1

d397_1.jpg

i have some old coils lying in the garage but I don't know which are truely bad and which one I just replaced. so I don't know if that would help let me know

Yeah that would help, I can get a buddy to test them all and then send out the bad one (or ones).

email me and I'll bounce you back tonight with my snail mail addy.

Well I'd really like to get three from a v8 and three from a v6 that are bad.
that way I have one set to send to GMS, on set to send to my other guy and one as a backup for any other vendor we might have to work with.

hey does anyone have bad v6 coils laying about?

I have some action on the v8 ones, but so far no bad v6 units..

Hey MHolhut, I shot you a pm with the addy, did you ever get around to shipping them???
They are from a V8 right?

So we still need bad ones from a V6 people

Car is at the dealer right now, problem is a miss in acceleration. If its a coil, I will request the bad coil and send it. 2004 V6 LS with 63,000 miles

thanks, I'm having the mystery check engine light again. I'd run outside and scan it, but we are having a snow flurry right now?!?!?!

I might have one bad coil (V6), maybe. It was cylinder 6 so I did the work and kept it in my trunk for a while, I'll see if I can find it when I get home. Also JES, I'll ask the guys at a Noble forum if they'd be interested, they have the same sh!tty ones that are in the V6. Oh and for a TB, if its a V6 try the SVT 2.5L TB. Cougar guys put those on a 3.0 if they swap one in.

On another note, I just saw MSD makes COP units for the 4.6L... I wonder if they could be convinced to make them for the 3.9L

Well the current state is both of companies are working producing something for the v8 guys right now.
I wish I could get one of them to start on the v6 coils.

I would think that since it seems ford specified such crappy coils, that they would all seem to have the same problems.

This is an interesting thread. My LS sputters and chugs a little when I get into the throttle in warm weather, so I have a few coils that need replacing, but dont know which ones yet. Id be VERY interested in HD coils if the price is gonna be around the dealer price for Motorcraft coils, which is about $75 at the local dealer.
Any word on how these are coming along?

I've only got 7500 miles on my '06 right now but if there is a performance gain I would buy from GMS or MSD right away. If no performance gain then I would buy them when they need replacement as a durability upgrade.

My check engine light just came on today. I have a misfire in cylinder #6 bad coil is my thought. Im interested in some better aftermarket coils. Are these ready yet, are they even goin through with it. I need mine asap, just wanting to know whats goin on with these coils.

I just wanted to say that I hope things are progressing as far as getting some HD coils produced is concerned. I've already had to replace 3 of my 8 and would definitely throw them all out for something better. I signed my interest a long time ago but just wanted to reiterate my statement due to recent frustrations. I know a lot are worried over price and yeah that price may be a little chunk of change but the way I figure it I will most likely end up replacing the other 5 in the rest of my vehicles life, if not more, so I might as well throw in 8 good quality coils instead. This may not make as much sense for owners with lower driving mileage or that are planning to turn it over sooner but it certainly does for me. Not to mention the thought of even a little performance increase gets me excited as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back