moving on

buddyleee5

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
After my 2003 V6 needed a new transmission at 34k miles and i havent seen my car in 2 weeks because the dealership cannot seem to get it back together, i have decided to move on.
The point of this thread is to get your opinions on some other cars. The first car im looking at is the 2006 lexus gs 300. Since their engines dont get broken in until about 90k miles, i'm hoping it wont need a new tranny at 34k. Im looking for reliability and style, but yet something that is nice, fast and fun to drive. I love the ls, but i should have gotten the v8. The v6 is just was to slow for my liking.

If or when the car does go i will have a set of 20" lowenhart br5's for sale with tires with about 4k miles on them. I will make another thread for that when the time comes, just letting you all know.

Good luck at whatever you check out, the GS is a nice ride, I want a new IS 250 or 350 but would still take the IS300. But I already got out of my LS a few months ago, you shouldn't miss it much, I sure do not.

Check out an Infiniti M35. The price is reasonable for a 280 HP V6 with good reliability. It was my second choice. The IS 350 is a nice ride too. My wife has a new IS250 and she loves it.

Beamer, you went from a Lincoln LS to a Chevy Cobalt. That's more than a step or two down, dude. Its falling off a cliff. I know you had issues with your LS and I know you like the Cobalt, but that move is like going from a grownups car to a teenager's car. ;)

thats another choice is the m35. I am going to look at the new 3series coupe and the is series from lexus as well. Insurance is a killer for these cars since im only 17

All I can say is Nissan Maxima. speed, reliability, descent warranty, stlye, oh yeah speed.

Well, I think that the last GS is beautiful. The new G35 sedan is nice, it looks much better than the M35 in my opinion, especially the rear end styling. The IS is good, but I think it's kind of a woman's car. I love most of the BMWs but I have to say that the prices on new ones are sky high, although the new 335i coupe is amazing. Maxima is a good value, but it's FWD.

I would go or with a GS350 or a Coupe Bimmer.

ToddG said:
Beamer, you went from a Lincoln LS to a Chevy Cobalt. That's more than a step or two down, dude. Its falling off a cliff. I know you had issues with your LS and I know you like the Cobalt, but that move is like going from a grownups car to a teenager's car. ;)

Wasn't really a need to bring up what I got, I love my Cobalt, btw, its an SS SC, very different in my opinion then the others. Its got everything I want and than some. Since you brought up a useless statement I well too, it'd tear an new ass in an LS even w/ good mods. Gotta love factory backed rodding. I love have over 300HP right now in a car that people know is kinda fast but do not know just what mines got. Still saving money too after all the upgrades. But I did not buy it for the sake of speed, just nice being able to get it.

As for the mentioned M35 in the thread that was on topic, those are nice too. Know a guy who got one and loves it and he drives it alot.

There is nothing wrong with the Cobalts. My girl saw one in the parking lot the other day, and commented what a "cute little car" it was. I agree..it's cute.

But it's front wheel drive..right?

lseguy said:
There is nothing wrong with the Cobalts. My girl saw one in the parking lot the other day, and commented what a "cute little car" it was. I agree..it's cute.

But it's front wheel drive..right?

Yep. Let one chase you into the twisties and see the headlights get smaller.

I'd bet a Subaru (whatever letters thet add these days) would run circles around a Cobalt. That is if all you care about is raw numbers. Me, I'll take my heated and cooled seats, dual zone climate control, F1 inspired suspension and other creature features over just hp numbers. I'd bet one couldn't comfortably drive 900+ miles in any econo car. I can and did!

The LS can't be compared to a Cobalt, Subaru, Accord, Camry, 500, Milan, etc.

buddyleee5 said:
After my 2003 V6 needed a new transmission at 34k miles and i havent seen my car in 2 weeks because the dealership cannot seem to get it back together, i have decided to move on.

You win some, & you loose some with cars.

I'd bet a Subaru (whatever letters thet add these days) would run circles around a Cobalt.

An Impreza STI would run circles around, damn straight.

LS4me said:
The LS can't be compared to a Cobalt, Subaru, Accord, Camry, 500, Milan, etc.

Indeed. Its like comparing USDA Prime rib roast with a Happy Meal. One is definitely for grown-ups.

LS4me has the right idea and ToddG hit the nail on the head !!

Why are some owners here preoccupied with speed and 0-60 times?

As far as those souped-up tin cans made by Subaru, Mitsubishi, chevy cobalt,etc., take away the turbos and superchargers and then let's see how fast those cars can be, normally aspirated.

getting back to the original post by buddylee, lexus and infiniti do build a good car and my advice is to test drive everything, do some research,narrow down your choices,bend some arms at the dealers,test drive some more,crunch more numbers, and sign on the line!

Check out volvo while your out there ,too!

merry christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LS4me said:
Yep. Let one chase you into the twisties and see the headlights get smaller.

Well that is true if you are talking about a base model Cobalt or LT. The SS SC is a great handler, much better than the LS was if you know how to drive like myself, driving/racing schools are sweet. After I did some upgrades to the suspension the LS could only dream of catching this car in the turns let alone a straight. But I did not buy this car for that purpose at first, but now I got the bug of making it the way it should be am now pushing nice #'s. Luckily I got two regular beaters for doing what i need to too. Eventually I am going to make the 'Balt a weekend warrior as in getting into racing w/ it only.

The little econo car had a good christmas aswell, it got new racing seats but I have a heater and cooler to install and not to mention massagers to put in them, friend can do that stuff(he has an STI w/ the same seats and did the options I want, talk about awesome). Putting a 10 disc cd player in along w/ a great system aswell tomorrow, going to be very crisp, cannot wait. Also have a dvd/nav on the way that is going into the roof so to speak. Few other goodies the LS should of had too on the way. Although if I plan to take this car track, than some of it is gotta be taken out but since that is abit down the road mind as well enjoy it.

Members online

Back