LED Light swap??

Lincoln305

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to change out the bulbs in the "puddle lights" under the side view mirrors with LED bulbs?

Have you searched? I could have sworn that I've seen topics on this subject here before...

You can not open that pod where the puddle light is to replace the bulb. Trust me I have already tried and had to replace my entire mirror.

gt95coupe said:
Ken Did you try to go in from the inside by taking the mirror off or did you pop it off from the outside
I pulled the light pod out from the mirror. The pod is sealed up. From what I understand from the dealer, they can not replace that pod. They HAVE to replace the entire mirror assembly if the light goes out.

GrayGhost1 said:
I pulled the light pod out from the mirror. The pod is sealed up. From what I understand from the dealer, they can not replace that pod. They HAVE to replace the entire mirror assembly if the light goes out.

Thanks for the info! I will scratch off that idea.

GrayGhost1 said:

I just had a little incident on my way home from Orlando...truck tire hit my passenger side mirror, knocked out the glass and busted the puddle lamp pod. I ordered the glass and the lamp individually to repair my mirror. The puddle lamp *is* available by itself from Ford...it ain't cheap though. Retail is about $55...my cost was in the 20s...

Palmguy said:
I just had a little incident on my way home from Orlando...truck tire hit my passenger side mirror, knocked out the glass and busted the puddle lamp pod. I ordered the glass and the lamp individually to repair my mirror. The puddle lamp *is* available by itself from Ford...it ain't cheap though. Retail is about $55...my cost was in the 20s...
What is the part number? Also, how is it replaced without damaging the mirror. I had the entire mirror apart trying to get it out. I'd love to know how the pod comes out.

GrayGhost1 said:
What is the part number? Also, how is it replaced without damaging the mirror. I had the entire mirror apart trying to get it out. I'd love to know how the pod comes out.

YES! A part number would be GREATLY appreciated as well as any info on how the piece comes out. Thanks PalmGuy!

:Beer

thats retarded! why would they make it so that you need a whole new freakin mirror if a bulb goes out?

06AtlantaLS said:
thats retarded! why would they make it so that you need a whole new freakin mirror if a bulb goes out?

To pay the UAW Pension.

Stranger things have happened.

It is kind of like my uncles Honda Pilot the horn switch went bad and needed to be replaced. It is located behind the Airbag which is not covered under warranty. So they told him he would have to pay for the cost of removing the airbag and putting it back in. He finally called corporate and needless to say it was taken care of but the moral of the story is engineers are not always thinking on all cylinders.

Nolan

06AtlantaLS said:
Ford does things that will make your mind boggle. Try dealing with them everyday like I do.

GrayGhost1 said:

I'll make a call in the morning to find it, I don't have it at the moment.

I'm not sure how it comes out, as mine had a little help from that piece of truck tire.

I know the pod can be taken out with a little persuasion. However, to access the light inside would require tearing the pod apart. It does not come apart.

Members online

No members online now.
Back