new wheels and tires

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
well i finally needed to get new tires so i decided to go to 18's. i think i have decided on the following wheels, but that seems to change constantly. not sure if i'll go black or chrome though.

705SIDEblack_small.jpg

705SIDE_small.jpg

these are the tires i have been looking at, Falken FK-452. going with 255/45/18 in the rear and 245/40/18 in the front.
fk452.jpg

i still need to do a little price shopping and what not before i order, but hopefully i'll have them on before too long.

black, I just bought me a set of falken FK-452 245/40/18. From discount tire

I bought them shipped for $564 to my door.. But since I bought them along w/ some rims, I made them mount, balance them onto the rims, and then send them to me. The tires came w/ free shiipping, but the rims didn't.. but since I got them to mount the rims on the tires, they gave me free shipping for both.

I did want the yokohama 520's, but at $200 a tire, and only $141 for the BRAND NEW falken's.. I saved some $$, and use it to buy a Eibach pro-kit

Check out all of what Discount Tire has.... I don't think you'll find them cheaper.. and if you do, they price match.
Discount Tire Falken Line

Cool wheels. Love the look. :D Tell me about the Falken FK-452, 255/45/18 and the 245/40/18. Are they quiet on the LS? Tire noise tranmission is an issue with me, since the rest of the car is quiet. I don't even have wind noise at 120 MPH. So, how quiet a ride are this tires? :confused:

i just bought a set of sumitomo htr-z 2`s 20" for 528 shipped with the added hazard waranty. check tire rack first. they got great prices.

Go to the directory look up a guy named taylor haggle with him a little and he will help you if he can. I got a great deal on my VOXX wheels and KDW tires and a eibach pro kit from him. He will take great care of you.

Nolan

Black03 said:
well i finally needed to get new tires so i decided to go to 18's. i think i have decided on the following wheels, but that seems to change constantly. not sure if i'll go black or chrome though.

705SIDEblack_small.jpg

705SIDE_small.jpg

these are the tires i have been looking at, Falken FK-452. going with 255/45/18 in the rear and 245/40/18 in the front.
fk452.jpg

i still need to do a little price shopping and what not before i order, but hopefully i'll have them on before too long.

Your tire sizes are all wrong. Check http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit&reset=yes for the proper sizes.

I saw that too. Thinking it's a typo and the profiles were swapped. With that combination I'd think you are begging for the advancetrac system to flip out constantly.

beaups said:
I saw that too. Thinking it's a typo and the profiles were swapped. With that combination I'd think you are begging for the advancetrac system to flip out constantly.

So will 255/40/18 fit in the rear and front

I based that on what 02V8Sport did with his 04. He put 255/40/19 on the rear and 245/35/19 on the front and said he had no issues with the traction control.

I mainly just wanted to go wider than stock, I can do 255's in the rear but only 245's in the front. I could just go with the 245/40/18 on all 4.

How much of a difference does it take for the sensors to pick it up? If I went with 255/40/18 in the rear it would only be a 1.2% difference, so about 1 mph at highway speeds.

That is true. I have 255/40/19 on back and 245/35/19 on front on my 04. No AdvanceTrak issues at all. The guy I bought my wheels from was running the same setup on his 02 and no issues either. The AdvanceTrak malfunction statment is false, I know its been discussed here before but no one proved it wrong. I took the chance and there are no issues with it.

There will be no issues with the sensatrac if the tires are the same height overall. The width does not make a difference, Its all about the height.

so does anybody know how much of a difference it takes in tire height for the sensors to pick it up?

Members online

No members online now.
Back