My car is totalled, parts available.

It's good you are safe even at the expense of the Mark. It never had a finer moment than protecting you from death.

Even though I love my Mark I would rather it get totaled than have a family of 6 survive me.

What A Heartbreaker

Sure glad you made it out, cant say that for most of todays beer cans. I hate to see such a pasionate Mark VIII owner who has been in many forums just walk away after what just about every american will face in there lifetime, A CRASH !! :( :(

Just because you own a Mark VIII, doesnt mean you have to race? I know plenty of old fogey stogeys driving marks that never crack 40mph, even on the highway, hehe..:D :D :D

Think, and dont bail just yet, I can show you many suv's that can pass as convertibles after there near death encounters with a rollover. Imagine your crash but going upsidedown then rightside up 6-10 times on top of hitting wall, thats the suv with poor brakes and non existant handling. you jerk the wheel to avoid a crash in suv, its ROLL OUT THE BARRELS TIME, IN THE MARK VIII YOU MIGHT AVOID THE CRASH, THE MARK MAY SAVE YOUR HINEY AGAIN ONEDAY, SOMETHING TO CONSIDER. :cool:

REMEMBER IF YOU FALL OFF A HORSE, GET BACK ON AND TRY AGAIN, IF THE MARK HAD 120,000 A NEW ONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN ORDER?. IT DEFINETELY SUCKS TO LOSE A DREAMCAR, BUT YOU CAN REPLACE THE CAR, NOT YOUR LIFE. THE MAIN THING IS YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE ALIVE TO EVEN CONSIDER BUYING ANOTHER MARK AGAIN, ONCE THE TRAGEDY WEARS OFF YOU WILL MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.:cool: :cool:

GOOD LUCK

PLUS, HOW MANY SUV FORUMS ARE OUT THERE ????? :D :D

You're just shook up brutha. Hey, If I were you I'd wait and buy another mark, they're cheap now. You'll miss driving one. You already have spare parts.

Broncos are more dangerous if you ask me.

Broncos are very dangerous, especially with ttb front ends. The sit up high and as the shocks and spring wear in the front end they can get very sporadic with handling. My friend had a bronco that everytime you hit a pot hole or other bump it would do all sorts of crazy things. If your going to get a bronco just don't get ttb. ttb is one of the worst suspensions ever in my opinion.

BLACK SUNSHINE 95LSC said:
, IF THE MARK HAD 120,000 A NEW ONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN ORDER?.

What are you talking about.... after 120,000 they are just coming into their own....

Mark VIIIs are 200,000 + mile cars... Never be afraid of miles on a Mark VIII...

yup... i agree with rich. if you notice the town cars that the limo service people use, they have like 250k on a SOHC. we got the DOHC.. so reaching 200k w/o any issues is quite possible.

mespock said:
What are you talking about.... after 120,000 they are just coming into their own....

Mark VIIIs are 200,000 + mile cars... Never be afraid of miles on a Mark VIII...

I agree, but not totalled. I was merely saying its not worth fixing, get another car....peace

i appreciate all the support guys. The hit was pretty hard - hard enough to warp the dash and crack the HVAC controller - I spent part of this weekend removing what parts I could, so I got a better idea of what is salvageable. I don't have my heart set on a bronco, right now I think I might just pick up something cheap to get me through the winter here and then focus on getting a nicer car once the snow is gone. I also hear what you are saying about getting back on the horse. I have been in rollovers before, once in a much smaller car, but never an impact at anything close to this speed. I think it just shook me up pretty bad. I know I will get the bug again...and I love these cars so much. It's hard to know what the right decision is, and I think I am going to take some time to make it.
You guys are great - this is one of my favourite forums on the net because of members like you.

BLACK SUNSHINE 95LSC said:
I agree, but not totalled. I was merely saying its not worth fixing, get another car....peace

Oh I definitely agree the car is not worth fixing...

When I hit the deer with my 94 I knew right away that I was going to take the money and get something else.

What's funny is I ended up getting my 94 back.

well, i managed to sell the entire car at once, to my surprise, when I was at the garage parting out out. So it's gone now - to everyone who sent parts requests, thank you, but I am sorry.

I bought my replacement car today - a 1991 BMW 525i 5 speed. So far, I love it! It's calypso red.

Members online

No members online now.
Back