Hoen license plate bulbs........

mint05LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
just a quick question about the Hoen License plate lamps- Do they look nice, or do they have that cheap look to them?

can somebody that has these bulbs already installed post a picture ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.......................................

mint05LS said:
just a quick question about the Hoen License plate lamps- Do they look nice, or do they have that cheap look to them?

can somebody that has these bulbs already installed post a picture ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.......................................
One of my license plate lights went out this week and I plan to replace them with the Hoen bulbs. I'll take a side by side comparison photo later this week. However, if someone else has a picture please post.

Here is the link to the website for the Hoen bulbs:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/hoen-city-lightwedge-bulbs-p-85.php

How about this comparison?

Stock bulbs:

stockcity.jpg

Hoen bulbs:

hoencity.jpg

Ken - I have regular Non-HID headlights on my 2003 LS-6 and would like to changeover my interior map lights, headlights, fog lights and license plate lights to the blue-white / pure white. I asked the dealer and was told to be careful because sometimes these bulbs burn the wiring and/or melt the light fixture and THAT WOULD VOID MY WARRANTY :( . {I'm assuming that he meant the damage from the bulb change would not be covered, NOT that the entire car's warranty would be voided}.

Do you sell bulbs that I could use safely ? If you want, please PM or e-mail me the specifics (shipping to calif. 90640). Thanks

Well, your dealer is right to an extent. If you get halogen bulbs that burn above 60 watts it is possible that it will melt the connector. That is why Hoen offers the heavy duty connectors with the Xenonmatch Plus bulbs. Now, if you get the regular Xenonmatch bulbs they only operate between 55-60 watts which is safe for the original connector.

Now the bulbs that go in the map lights don't operate at a higher wattage they are just a different color. So, no worries about that. I have been running the Hoen City bulbs inside my LS for quite some time. I'm going to change out the license plate bulbs this week since I have one of the original bulbs burned out.

scjmc said:
Why would you want your tag more visable??

I changed the bulbs in my license plate lights to ones with a blueish tint. IIRC, I got them at Walmart for about $5 per pair.

For me, it was not trying to make the plate more visible, but instead having the license plate bulbs match the headlights and the rest of the exterior lighting.

Let me finish my own post above which CLEARLY ASKS ABOUT GETTING SOME FRIGGIN BULBS:

Question: Do you sell bulbs that I could use safely ? If you want, please PM or e-mail me the specifics (shipping to calif. 90640). Thanks

Answer: Sorry, i can't read more than one paragraph at a time and ignore the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE POST anyway.

Reply; That's OK. I'll send an e-mail to Hoen and buy from someone else since you can't help me.

{send e-mail to HOEN}: I'm in Los Angeles; can you direct me to a local place to buy (the specified bulbs)?

Hoen E-mail Reply: Please visit LSKoncepts.

Since these friggin people are NOT as smart as the light bulbs they are supposedly selling, I'll GO TO PEPBOYS. DAMMIT if I was this stupid I'd hide my head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulJK said:
Let me finish my own post above which CLEARLY ASKS ABOUT GETTING SOME FRIGGIN BULBS:

Actually this post was about the license plate bulbs in the first place so why are you getting mad at people who are asking why you would want your plate bright or talking about the lights.

What the hell are you talking about? I answered your question the first time. I hope you were not directing that post to me. First of all you did not start this topic which was about the license plate bulbs. Secondly, I was trying to help you decide which bulbs to get.

Your dealer was trying to tell you that you might damage your wiring harness by getting bulbs that burn too hot. This means that they could not replace the harness under warranty. I stated that Hoen makes a bulb that gives you a good alternative to HID which is the Xenonmatch. They operate at the same wattage as the OEM bulbs but will give you what you want. The same holds true for the interior bulbs Hoen carries.

Out of all of that I am still confused about your last post. Even Hoen is sending you to LS Koncepts for the answer which I clearly gave you. Again, I hope your post was not directed at me.

i used to have those(hoen) installed for my license lights and they have a bluish look to them even tho they are white. i switched over to PIAA LED lights, a lot more white and brightness.

just a heads up

thanks for the photo, Ken. I am seriously considering these bulbs for my LS.

I am hoping they have more of a white output than blue; I don't want to be associated with the import set ( fartcan exhaust,blue lights,etc..) I think I missed the whole decade or something.............

ToddG said:
I changed the bulbs in my license plate lights to ones with a blueish tint. IIRC, I got them at Walmart for about $5 per pair.

For me, it was not trying to make the plate more visible, but instead having the license plate bulbs match the headlights and the rest of the exterior lighting.

Makes sense, just asking.

PaulJK said:

Question: Do you sell bulbs that I could use safely ? If you want, please PM or e-mail me the specifics (shipping to calif. 90640). Thanks

Answer: Sorry, i can't read more than one paragraph at a time and ignore the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE POST anyway.

Reply; That's OK. I'll send an e-mail to Hoen and buy from someone else since you can't help me.

{send e-mail to HOEN}: I'm in Los Angeles; can you direct me to a local place to buy (the specified bulbs)?

Hoen E-mail Reply: Please visit LSKoncepts.

Since these friggin people are NOT as smart as the light bulbs they are supposedly selling, I'll GO TO PEPBOYS. DAMMIT if I was this stupid I'd hide my head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1127939804bunny-with-pancake.jpg

I finally got a chance to install the Hoen City Light bulbs in my license plate lights. The bulb on the left is the Hoen bulb and the right is the stock bulb. Definitely more white.

hoencity 001.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back