Lowered my LS on 20's (Pics)

C-Snizzle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
**I will post better pics when it is light out**

Finally lowered my LS and its the best thing I have ever done to my car yet. It handles great, rides excelent still, looks AMAZING, and just completely brought my car together. I used sprint springs with the stock shocks on my 20" DUB Dirty dog wheels. Any ? feel free to ask. Check it out and tell me what you think.

LSpics111.gif

LSpics105.gif

LSpics106.gif

LSpics110.gif

Hoops, looked kind of like the 00-02 stock grill with stick on chrome stips from ebay..

Maybe from the picture. Sorry, if it's an LSE grill, then it's great.

Nice look. What size tires are you running? And as asked above, any rubbing?

Also, I thought you had to change out the shocks when going to lowering springs...is that not true?

Thanks guys, there is absolutely no rubbing that I have encountered yet. At full lock the front wheels do NOT rub at all, under hard cornering there is no rub, and over big dips in the road I have seen no rub. I have not had passengers in the back seat yet to find out if the added weight will make a huge difference, but I know there is actually much more clearance than I thought there would be. Also I am running a 245/35/20 for tires. And the grill is an LSE grill for sure, looking back on the pictures I can see how you would get it confused, but dont do it again;) .

Oh and sorry mharrison I forgot you, it is usualy a good idea to change out the shocks when lowering it, but I did not and it still rides great. I wanted to see how stiff the ride was because I plan to go to Euro shocks in the spring.

looks hot do you think the ride is bad at all and do you have any subs in the back?

What's the offset on those wheels and how deep are they?

The offset on the wheels is I BELIEVE +35 but I am not 100% sure. And the ride is amazing. It rides VERY close to stock just a little bit more firm. I am extremely happy with the ride quality and handling is perfect. It handled great before, but now it literally feels like the car is on tracks. I would definently suggest lowering your car to anyone!

Btw I do have a Memphis MOJO in the trunk in a HUGE ported box. The sub is massive and it does not sag in the rear at all.

Ohhhh!!! i`m lovin it man.. now u made me wanna lower my car again. i was kinda gettin my mind off of it.. but now the urge is BACK. Looks great man. i`ll be lookin forward to seeing the day pics. about how much did the installation run u. keep it clean man..

jace

I installed them myself. It was real easy, there is 1 bolt on the bottom of the strut and 4 little ones at the top to get it off, some spring compressors and one nut at the top of the strut to get the old spring off, put the new one in and put it back together. I am by far NO mechanic and it only took me about 5 hours from the time I took off the first lug nut until the time I took it off the jackstands.

Hey man very nice ride. Just one question, how much did you lower it in the front and back.

had 20s and lowered 1.75in for a year and i had to modify the hell outta my fenders and splashgaurds. the rubbing will come with time, since every road is not paved exactly the same and is flat everywhere

Members online

No members online now.
Back