Need New Carpet

tbirdnlincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
In perhaps one of the dumbest moves ever by an LS owner, I spilled battery acid on the front passenger side floor of my 2002 LS, and ruined the black carpet. New carpet from the dealer is $712.00 (& $350 to put it in). I can buy this at a substantil discount, but it still a very expensive mistake.

Although you can buy an molded aftermarket replacement carpet for about every vehicle under the sun for around $125.00, there doesn't seem to be one available for the LS. I have been able to get a complete black carpet out of a 2003 "factory clip car" in excellent condition on consignment until I find out if it will work or not. The molds look the same,, but since the '03's & up have diffenet consoiles, seats, etc, I am wondering if this will fit. I am concerned about the trim size & shapes on the edges, etc. Does anyone out there have any facts or opinions on whether this '03 carpet will form , fit & funtion work in my 2002 LS? Thanks.:( :(

I cant say 100% that it will, but i have owned both a '02 and a '05 now and i would have to say it would fit. As far as i know the changes that were made in '03 didnt really have anything to do with the layout/structure of the car. Yes it does have different seats and console, but the size and layout is still the same. They look identical for a carpet swap.

Would it be possible to re-dye the carpet using the spray can type. I have used it in vehicles before and it worked awesome and no one ever knew. Might wanna give it a try it is a boat load cheaper and easier.

Unfortunately, when you spill battery acid on your LS carpet, and wipe it up, the carpet comes up, disintetgrated. I have missing spots of carpet, so paint won't do, but thanks anyway.

Splicing a new piece is an option and would probably be easier than putting in the entire carpet. However, since it is basically a brand new rug & my LS has 79,000 miles on it, the color is somewhat "blacker" and would stand out a little. Since I have the carpet, I might just replace the whole thing once I know that it will fit properly.

Just splice...

it in and then buy yourself some new floor mats. You will not see it and you will have some nice new floor mats to look at.

I'd just take it to a local automotive upholstery shop. I have a fiero-based kit car and had them use bentley-Rolls Royce carpet when they upholstered it (Thankfully it's a smallcar :)). it's factory grade and looks awesome. Just get the whole car re-done, price depending. You might even find a color or grade you like better than the factory Lincoln. don't get too hung up on the "molded" aspect - an upholstery shop job won't make a difference ecause it'll still look factory installed.

I'd just take it to a local automotive upholstery shop. I have a fiero-based kit car and had them use bentley-Rolls Royce carpet when they upholstered it (Thankfully it's a smallcar :)). it's factory grade and looks awesome. Just get the whole car re-done, price depending. You might even find a color or grade you like better than the factory Lincoln. don't get too hung up on the "molded" aspect - an upholstery shop job won't make a difference ecause it'll still look factory installed.

Note: Yes, I know this is an old thread. Good info better late than never.

Contact stockinteriors.com. There is a link at the top of the Lincoln selection page to allow orders for un-listed cars. Might be a bit more than the price for a Mk VIII, but still a better custom option than the dealer.

Note: Yes, I know this is an old thread. Good info better late than never.

with it being such an old thread, I doubt the dude with the F'ed up carpet will ever see this message... well that and the part where he hasn't been back on this site in almost four years.

with it being such an old thread, I doubt the dude with the F'ed up carpet will ever see this message... well that and the part where he hasn't been back on this site in almost four years.

True as that may be, anybody else looking for replacement carpet, such as myself, might be interested in the info.

Members online

No members online now.
Back