I Want A Hood Ornament

PaulJK

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, call me crazy, but I want a Lincoln star hood ornament on my LS like the Town cars have. Has anyone added a town car ornamet to their LS ? What mods were necessary ?

you should do a search of the LS specific forum.. That was brought up in the months past..

Ultimately, it's your car so you can do what you want.. but the concensus wasn't favorable to that hood ornament.. It' just wouldn't "Look" right

I do think once you were done with this upgrade you would end up not so happy, and at that point you would have a hole in your hood and be stuck with it. I could almost understand if we did not have the emblem in the grill. If you were to do this it would just be to much. After saying all that I must say also that it is just not my style either, so good luck and hope you are happy with it. I do not think it would be a hard install at all. Other than getting up the courage to put a hole in your car!!!

dropped74 said:
I do think once you were done with this upgrade you would end up not so happy, and at that point you would have a hole in your hood and be stuck with it.
I agree that he probably won't be happy with it, but if he wants to try it out, run it through the grille surround, not the hood. The grille can be replaced relatively inexpensively if he doesn't like it.

you are absolutely right about that. I do however think that would look even worse but at least he could see it and realize we were right and replace the grill instead of a hood or be stuck with it, lol!!!

This is an old desk ornament from the 1970s. This emblem came off of a Mark IV. These were given to Lincoln buyers. I added the Lincoln LS badge.

Anyway, I think it should be possible to mount one of these, or an new ornament from a Town Car, to the hood using some mounting tape. This would be a good option and alleviate the need to drill into anything. And, it is possible to remove it in the future.

LSOrnament.jpg

Anyone who would consider putting a hood ornament on an LS, probably wouldn't mind the block of wood... or even that nice house plant.:p

I don't know why y'all are soagainst this idea. I actually think it might look nice, the only thing I have a problem with is the repetition of the lincoln symbol on the ornament and on the grill surround. All the high end Mercedes have the hood ornaments

I'm not particularly against it; I don't really care one way or the other. You could point out that BMWs don't have hood ornaments, but you could also note that the LS's sister car, the S-Type, does have the Leaper on its hood as well as the Jaguar medallion above the grille...
models_B772385E-7E75-410B-B9FA-31E406643ED4_462x669.jpg

Let us know how it turns out...

I dunno, I think it would look kind of tacky...especially with the middle badge.

HyeLifeLS said:
I like that one too

Probably a lot of maintenance on that one. I'd consider an extended warranty to defray long-term upkeep.

i've seen it done before.. i believe it was on cardomain.. i saw an LS with an aviator hood ornament i believe..

There was a member on LLSOC that had one on his LS. I don't remember his screen name but he put one on. I didn't care for it but to each his own.

actually, if you'll notice (at least on the 03 up towncars) there is actually the lincoln star right below the hood ornament so i dont think that would be that big of a problem, and the other day i was out with the girl and saw an LS with a hood ornament, it didnt look that good.

I was thinking of something small that would attach to the chrome grill piece because I could NEVER get enough courage to drill a hole in my hood ... after reading these replies, I guess not many people have done this mod ... :D

I was thinking more of something like this

knight3.jpg

If it were a little shorter I think it would look good. Make sure it matches the chrome ont he rest of the car. I still wouldn't put one on unless the lincoln symbol on the grill was gone, it makes it look kinda tacky

I dunno. I think it looks a bit out of place. Ive seen someone do the same thing on the competors car, the Caddie CTS, and it looked really bad. It dosent look as bad on the LS, but I think it should stick to town cars.

or maybe like this (if I could find a decent way to black out the grill emblem ...

knight3_3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back