I NEED HELP!!! Engine Starting in High Gear.

adrenalinejunkie

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 ls v8 sport edition and recently the motor locked up. I took it to a local engine instalation place and they told me that they would have it ready in 7-10 business days and they finally got it in and running and its been 6 weeks!!!! The guy called me today saying that he had everything running and driving but it "started in high gear." He wanted me to send it over to his friend who has a tranny shop because he doesnt work on trannys but i told him that i was goin to check around first. My question iscould this have happened when it locked up or did they hook it up wrong? And What would cause it to start in high gear? Thanks!

Is it throwing any codes? I would say it might be something wrong with the the MLPS switch for the transmission. Have a trans shop w/ a tran-x diagnostic tool check it out. The tran-x will let you know for sure if its the tranny. Good luck!

adrenalinejunkie said:
I have a 2000 ls v8 sport edition and recently the motor locked up. I took it to a local engine instalation place and they told me that they would have it ready in 7-10 business days and they finally got it in and running and its been 6 weeks!!!! The guy called me today saying that he had everything running and driving but it "started in high gear." He wanted me to send it over to his friend who has a tranny shop because he doesnt work on trannys but i told him that i was goin to check around first. My question iscould this have happened when it locked up or did they hook it up wrong? And What would cause it to start in high gear? Thanks!

How many miles did the motor have on it when it locked up? What caused it? Did you get a used motor? Just curious.

Members online

No members online now.
Back