02 V8 68k for $10500 is that good???

bbacho2002

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Car is in good shape.. Only thing it needs is to replace the valve cover gasket.. Other than that.. Perfect condition.. !!!

Sounds like a bit much, IMHO. I don't really know because I don't do used cars.

Assuming the rest of the car is in excellent condition, that price sounds about right..although I'd ensure the valve cover gaskets are replaced BEFORE that purchase.

The valve cover and the COPs, the coils probably have oil and them now and the spark plugs will need to replaced, too. (b/c of the valve cover)

thats about 6-800 dollar job at a dealer, at least my dealer. We charge 5.50 hours labor (with diag if there is drivability issues that lead to cam covers) @ 110/hr plus about 160 in parts.

plus coils if they need to be replaced at 100 dollars each, boots are around 25 each i think.

So its not a bad price. I just traded in my 02 V8 premium and got 12k for it :( with 52k on it, with nothing wrong with it in excellent condition. So sad.

Jay

i got screwed and payed 12000 for my 01 v8 sport with 85k on it :( it also had prior hail damage that was fixed

teh_milz said:
i got screwed and payed 12000 for my 01 v8 sport with 85k on it :( it also had prior hail damage that was fixed

Dude, don't think about the deal that way. You must have really liked the car for you to pay that much in the first place. (or did someone stick a gun to your head?)

I bought my 00V6 with 54,000 miles on it 2 years ago paid $14,000. I now have 81,000 on the odometer and have 2 more years of payments on it, I look at it as it will be my last car for a while. I can't afford a new one at $29-49.000s, so a nice used one is just as good!!!

I love it because it's a great car. A few problems here and there, [besides the break-in], but still a great American car!!

I don't put on "AIRS", but to drive around in a Lincoln and feel secure campared to what I could have bought new for $14,000., maybe a Hyundi, Kia or POS!.

Ya got to love it!!!!!:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back