The OTHER LS?!

I prefer parallel parking like Dan Aykroyd in the Blues Brothers. Now that was great driving.

BanginLS said:
have u guys read up on the laser guided cruise control? It's like never having to drive again.. it maintains the distance u select from the vehicle infront... if he accelerates so do u.. if he decelerates.. so do u.. no more traffic dilema's.. the G45 has it too.. that car is pretty crazy also
I thought it was done with radar. The way I understood it was, that you select your cruise speed, and when you get too close to a car in front, it slows down and keeps a safe distance. When the car moves, you accelerate back to where your speed was set.

The Mercedes system uses radar, as do the other systems with which I'm familiar. The Mercedes system was displayed for the press in a big fog-filled room. A big fog-filled room with stainless steel walls. A big, fog-filled, stainless steel-walled room with a pile of wrecked Mercedes vehicles in the middle of it.

Apparently, doing a demo of a radar-driven collision-avoidance system in a room with radar-reflective walls isn't such a hot idea. Who knew? ;)

SoonerLS said:
The Mercedes system uses radar, as do the other systems with which I'm familiar. The Mercedes system was displayed for the press in a big fog-filled room. A big fog-filled room with stainless steel walls. A big, fog-filled, stainless steel-walled room with a pile of wrecked Mercedes vehicles in the middle of it.

Apparently, doing a demo of a radar-driven collision-avoidance system in a room with radar-reflective walls isn't such a hot idea. Who knew? ;)
One of my collision repair teachers talked about that. Hilarious.

80 grand for a toyota? (fully loaded ls 460L )....

for that kind of coin,you can get a mercedes benz s-class; the new body style resembles a maybach, which is THE luxury sedan!

I think most foreign luxury autos dominate luxury domestics when it comes to performance and styling... (with the exception of some Caddys, particularly the STS-V....IMHO)

Toyota is a very dependable brand IMO. I think the Supra, Camry, and MR2 are all somewhat legendary in the auto world...

Personally I'd opt out for a high end Audi A8 or BMW if I had my choice of luxury 4-door sedan...

When it comes to a luxury coupe however...I'm rollin with the Bentley Continental GT Coupe... :D

It's obviously for those who are too lazy to drive and it also doesn't work.

in person these are gorgeous. Also in regards to the benz I would much rather have one of these. Their maintainance records are far better and much less to work on. These are also super quiet more so than the last generation S600. Include the 8 speed and all the other things this thing offers and mercedes and bmw will have trouble with this generation ls.

mint05LS said:
80 grand for a toyota? (fully loaded ls 460L )....

for that kind of coin,you can get a mercedes benz s-class; the new body style resembles a maybach, which is THE luxury sedan!

I like to drive my vehicles. A benz wont even stay on the road long enough. I know people who own the S-class :)q:q:q:q Class) and they have them in the shop every other day. Worse than this car!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back