A few Questions from a new member.

Reaction score
Recently I have been haveing a series of problems with my Mark VIII.
I bought It last summer and I love it more then I thought I would. It is a 93 and had 63000 on it when I first bought it.
First my air suspension took a dive so i replaced it with the lowered springs from All American Suspension( I believe this was the company). Looks great only problem is I have alot of speed bumps that I drive over everyday(3 just to get in and out of my apartment complex) and I tend to bottom out if there is too many people in the car. So I took it in for some work and an inspection and they said i needed new mounts and such.
Also my brakes are acting up. When I push down on the pedal it kind of pushes back like it doesn't want to go down with a sort of pulsationg motion. I have been told that this is because of my abs system.
And now my engine has a tendance to shut off at random times while im driveing it. I also have whine in my speakers when my radio is on which i didn't have before. This leads me to believe that it is my alternator(but I'm no mechanic so I don't know for sure). My father says it may be the cendensor(sp).
As I have mentioned I am no mechanic so I have no idea what to do with all this. So I come to you for your advice on my problems. Also I live in the Orlando Fl, area so if you are in the area and have some advice on a good shop that will be able to take a look at my problems and wont charge me a fortune(the lincoln dealership said like 95 for each check which would be like 300 for all 3 problems, and I'm a college student so I don't have that kind of cash for them to just look at my problem) I would really apreciate advice from anyone.
Thank You in advance for your time and help.

Advice on what to do... I'm not sure engine cut off. I don't believe it's your alternator but I could be wrong. Sound maybe like a short or loose wire, but I'd let this to the experts on the board.

If you can turn a wrench members will have some good advice and suggestions for you to try. In most cases someone has had this happen and will have your solution shortly. I have found that the diagnosis from this site is usually accurate and I have saved a lot of money by not taking my Mark VIII to the shop.

There are a few members from the FL area who may be close enough to come help you out. So stay posted and I am sure your problems will get resolved.

Luckily I Can Help You

THE NOISE IN YOUR SPEAKERS IS NOT CONDENSORS, THESE CARS HAVE ELECTRONIC IGNITIONS.. BUT NEXT TO EACH COIL PACK IS A SILVER CAN ABOUT THE SIZE OF A M-70 FIRECRACKER WITH A WIRE GOING INTO THE COIL PACK. THIS IS A NOISE SUPPRESSOR AND COSTS $26 EACH AT MY FORD DEALER, I HAD THAT PROBLEM IN MY IVORY MARK AND NOW PERFECT..

NEXT CAR SHUTTING OFF, CHECK MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR OR THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR, i WOULD PAY THE $95 FOR AN EEC DIAGNOSTIC AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT PROBLEM CAUSE HONESTLY COULD BE 50 DIFFERENT THINGS WITHOUT GETTING MORE INFORMATION FROM YOU..

SUSPENSION: WOULD OF KEPT AIRBAGS AND JUST REPLACED THEM. SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN REPLACED I WOULD SAY THAT THE SPRING RATING THEY INSTALLED MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN ENOUGH FOR A LOWERING APPLICATION, MIGHT NEED THE SAME HEIGHT OD SPRING WITH AN EXTRA TURN FOR MORE RIGITY? THAT WILL BE YOUR MOST ANNOYING PROBLEM AS THE OTHER 2 WILL BE EASY FIXES...

GOOD LUCK, LOOK FOR MORE REVIEWS, ALLOT OF SMART MARK OWNERS HERE.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

Nuff said.

capslock-2.JPG

capslock-1.jpg

i would second the loose wire idea for your combination of radio whine and engine shutoff. I think you have a bad or inconsistent ground.

Ok guys info looks good. Tommorrow I will have it in the shop and have them check the system out. Any other info is still welcomed please keep it coming.

An update for anyone interested.
I was driving my car into the shop today. I get 2 miles from the shop and the Check Engine Temp light shows up.
I get it to the shop and they run the Diagnostic and say that it is some relay computer and it will cost 304 for the part and 255 for labor. My father said go ahead and get it done so I am Mark less until tommorrow night.
Bright side is that this should fix my car from overheating and shutting off. They said it also controls some part of the ABS so that problem might clear up as well.
At least they were Kind enough to give me a ride back home as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back