chickens newest project

Well I think its finally finished, Chicken wired up the MSD window switch to control the IMRCs and that should be the last thing for now. This is the "base" setup, maybe someother bolt on goodies next.

midwestbird said:
Well I think its finally finished, Chicken wired up the MSD window switch to control the IMRCs and that should be the last thing for now. This is the "base" setup, maybe someother bolt on goodies next.
Window switch for the IMRCs...interesting, why?

Nice Thunderchicken !!!

REAL NICE JOB, BARNEY FIFE IS JUST A PLAYA HATER AND MAD HIS 2V 4.6 CANT KEEP UP....THATS GOTTA BE FAST WITH LIKE 400 POUNDS LESS THAN A MARK, LOOKS COOL
:cool: :D

Mn12 Platform Same, But Weight Different

REALLY, THOUGHT MARKS WEIGH 3780 POUNDS AND T-BIRDS WERE 3420 OR SO ??? NOT 100% BUT HAD A 95 COUGAR V-8 AND IT SEEMED ALLOT LIGHTER AND A LITTLE TIGHTER. i KNOW THEY ARE ON THE SAME PLATFORM, THE MN12 USED BY FORD FROM 1989-1998.

STILL VERY NICE CONVERSION........

Like That Cobra 2

Also, That Torino Is Sweet, Is It A Modified, Cleveland Or Windsor? Looks Really Nice, Always Wanted One That Color, You Got Some Nice Rides Fo Sure

Tighter cause no air suspension.

The Mark has some things heavier but some stuff was done to make up for it. For example T-Birds and Cougers have steel rear control arms, Marks had Aluminum. Also the plastic hood on the Mark was there to lighten it. Couple other things too. If the T-Bird/Couger has all the normal options, power this and power that, weight is similar.

Thanks

Didnt Know That, You Learn Somethin Everyday.. Figured The Benefit Was Lighter Weight So Would Be Faster... Oh Well Not As Cool Of Mod As I Thought... Thanks For The Info

BLACK SUNSHINE 95LSC said:
Also, That Torino Is Sweet, Is It A Modified, Cleveland Or Windsor? Looks Really Nice, Always Wanted One That Color, You Got Some Nice Rides Fo Sure
The Torino is Starsky's, I just used the pic.

The Cobra is waiting for me to get to it, fresh motor that needs carb tuning due to single plane manifold and cam. I keep breaking U-joints cause the rear leaf springs coil up on WOT. Hard to tune if the rear wants out of the car.

Sorry bout the high jack.

Didnt Know That, You Learn Somethin Everyday.. Figured The Benefit Was Lighter Weight So Would Be Faster... Oh Well Not As Cool Of Mod As I Thought... Thanks For The Info
No, still a still a great mod indead. Just not the weight loss.

Your Right

Just Googled T-bird, Weighs 3553 With 4.6 So Only 200 Pounds, Would Have Thought More Than That, So Questioning The Mod Unless He Really Likes T-birds. The Marks Are More Luxurious And Advanced. Maybe The Donor Mark Was Crashed...

Just Googled T-bird, Weighs 3553 With 4.6 So Only 200 Pounds, Would Have Thought More Than That, So Questioning The Mod Unless He Really Likes T-birds. The Marks Are More Luxurious And Advanced. Maybe The Donor Mark Was Crashed...
His 2V was high miles and getting tired. I don't think there ever was a Mark, just got the low mileage motor and dropped in with headers. I'd say a pretty good mod, probably worth near 100hp.

What About A Conversion??

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
The Torino is Starsky's, I just used the pic.

The Cobra is waiting for me to get to it, fresh motor that needs carb tuning due to single plane manifold and cam. I keep breaking U-joints cause the rear leaf springs coil up on WOT. Hard to tune if the rear wants out of the car.

Sorry bout the high jack.

CAN YOU CONVERT TO COIL SPRINGS? NOT REAL SURE ON THEM, OR CUSTOMISE ANOTHER REAR AXLE? PROBABLY NOT COST EFFECTIVE...

DIDNT MEAN TO "DIS" THE MOD, I JUST WONDER WHY SINCE I LOVE MARKS. STILL LOOKS REALLY NICE AND HAS TO BE FUN, MY IGNORANCE WAS THINKING IT WAS ALLOT LIGHTER.

PEACE GOTTA GO:cool:

REALLY, THOUGHT MARKS WEIGH 3780 POUNDS AND T-BIRDS WERE 3420 OR SO ??? NOT 100% BUT HAD A 95 COUGAR V-8 AND IT SEEMED ALLOT LIGHTER AND A LITTLE TIGHTER. i KNOW THEY ARE ON THE SAME PLATFORM, THE MN12 USED BY FORD FROM 1989-1998.

STILL VERY NICE CONVERSION........

T-Bird/Cougars are MN-12 (Midsize North American platform #12)

Marks are FN-10 (Full Size North Amercian Platform #10)

There are a few minor differences, such as engine bay layout...

There was no Mark..Im a Tbird kid of guy(85,90,95,96), but I wanted it to go fast. I looked at Marks and for what Ive already done to the Bird I just figured Id keep it. As far as the window switch, my processor has no way to control the IMRCs. So just a few power and grounds and the plates open at 3000rpm. The engine bay is definitly smaller in the Bird as the pictures show.

torquemonkey said:
T-Bird/Cougars are MN-12 (Midsize North American platform #12)

Marks are FN-10 (Full Size North Amercian Platform #10)

There are a few minor differences, such as engine bay layout...

well according to page 40 of the 2006 Ford Racing Performance Parts catalogue it says different..

quote " MN!@ 1989-98 Thunderbird, Cougar, Lincoln Mark VIII. While we offer few components for this platform, there are still many on the road. The mark VIII has an engine that bears strong resemblance to the naturally aspirated Cobra engines" end. only platforms listed are FOX- 1979-93 Mustang, SN95 94-04 Mustang, S197 2005 up Mustang, C170 focus, PN96 96-04 F-150, P221 2005 F-150, CD338 lincoln Zephyr, Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan with mazda 6 cousin ???, and finally the Panther Platform Crown Vics, Mercury Marquis, Mercury Mauder which had the 4.632 valve we have...

So according to Ford where I got this from, no mention of anything different, Just goin by what ford says, after all they build the car...:confused:

Sweet

midwestbird said:
There was no Mark..Im a Tbird kid of guy(85,90,95,96), but I wanted it to go fast. I looked at Marks and for what Ive already done to the Bird I just figured Id keep it. As far as the window switch, my processor has no way to control the IMRCs. So just a few power and grounds and the plates open at 3000rpm. The engine bay is definitly smaller in the Bird as the pictures show.

Thats cool, I really liked my 4.6 16valve Cougar, I wasn't tryin to diss, I thought they weighed much less, my mistake indeed.

I can certainly respect being a Tbird guy, after all I am a mark VIII guy so I understand.. Good luck with your car, it really does look nice...:cool: :cool:

Platforms are often identified as same, but they are different.

I believe the 2V is a iron block vs. the 4VMarks block being aluminum, so that would lighten up the bird.

True, according to catelogue an Aluminum 4.6 block weighs 85 pounds, while the iron block weighs 155 pounds.. Then there is the heads so with 70 pounds from block and another 60 plus from heads 130 pounds is pretty good so stock was 3553 now figure 3423, about 350 less than a stock Mark...WITH SAME POWER, should be loads of fun.....

DIDNT MEAN TO GIVE WRONG INFO, JUST GOIN BY FORDS CATELOGUE THATS ALL...

Peace:cool:

wow, old thread revival!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well i promised video and finally through the magic of myspace tada!!!! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013120635 still running great and now that i know how, i will have other vids, and finished pics, as soon as the weather gets good for a few days and the roads actually dry, (and i can convince midwestbird to take it out of it's precious garage ;) )

finally some "finished" under hood pics. i like the lincoln on the driver side valve cover its off of a 03 navi, i hade the letters off of a wrecked navi and they looked like they would fid good so he ordered a new one and i think it looks damn good. heres a couple more vids, http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2015555861, start up idle then reving it. and also a fly by, http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2015557275, this vid is mainlly to convince midwestbird not to cut off the mufflers, cuz yea its loud as hell.
soon to come 410's and a whole new stereo sys

web size erics new eng 67.jpg

web size erics new eng 66.jpg

web size erics new eng 68.jpg

Wow! 20 lbs of sh!t in a 5 lb bag!! I thought my engine compartment was packed... not even close.

Wow! 20 lbs of sh!t in a 5 lb bag!! I thought my engine compartment was packed... not even close.

thats an understatement!! more like 200lbs in a 5 lb bag, the headers had 1/4" on each side and with a freshly painted eng bay, yeah it was fun

Members online

No members online now.
Back