Pulling to the right when braking

jkastell

LVC Member
Reaction score
I get this weird pull to the right when i brake but only get it for a few seconds and then it stops pulling. anybody have any problems with brake lines on these marks. This is the first time i have uploaped a picture of my car. 98 LSC in excellent condition with almost 90k on it

DSCN0002.JPGResized.jpg

I could be one of several things.

Check for worn strut rod bushings.

Could be as simple as the brake lines needing to be bled.

or

Could be a bad left brake caliper. I would guess it's the left, the right is grabbing hold and pulling the car to the right, the left is not doing what it needs probably sticking or froze.

Take off the wheel and see if you see movement on the caliper. Or take off the caliper and with a C - Clamp compress the piston.

nice car, sweet color

I am saying bad caliper...actually might be the right caliper binding up, could be that the pads are worn down and the caliper is extended to far and gets real hot and freezes up??? just a possibility i suppose, it could be the left not working like it should as well, I doubt the lines are bad or needs to be bled, this usually means a soft spongy pedal.

if you do brakes, I suggest ceramic pads and new rotors, maybe cross drilled.. good luck and nice ride, keep us posted to what was actually wrong...:cool: :D

That's a sweet color. You wouldn't happen to have the paint code for that color would ya? :D

paint code

i will check and get the paint code but it is stock dark metallic gray for that year car has never been painted or had any body work done on it. it has the usually few little marks on the bumpers and the highway chips on the hood but thats about it

I would bet money its the RH lower control arm. Been there done that....several times.

To make sure, back the car up fast then hit the brakes. If the steering wheel pulls the other way, the lower control arm is the culprit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back