1990 Lincoln Towncar

582Boat

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I own a 1990 Lincoln t/c that has been in Florida since new, probably never really used the heating system, not I am in Michigan and do need heat. I find that it is blowing cool air when I have turn the lever over to heat, does not throw any heat. Do I have a climate control problem or do you think it is a valve not opening up and allowing hot water to pass through the heater. Need help.

Check the other 'modes' as well;
  • Vent
  • Defrost
  • Hi-Lo
After the engine is fully warmed up. Report back ----

I have an 88 and when i first tried to use the heat it did the same thing as you described. i did some research in the net and found that if you open the glove box, look on the left hand side in the back there is a vacume line going into a round gold "thingy" pull the line off it and plug the line with something, your heat will work just fine.....but then you wont have any air condition..lol, just plug it back itto the "thingy" again for your air to work.

that is the blender door. did you ever get a chance to check those modes? Also listen for vacuum leaks. The 90 is in the transition years from vacuum to electrical.

Members online

No members online now.
Back