149 Mph Is That All ! ! !

Ill chance it for the PIC

Michael55123 said:
Agreed, end it. I've never posted before, and this guy's ignorance and stupidity made me post. It didn't happen. don't lie. Peiod end of story. I own an 01 Ls V8. I love it. But it will hardly do 140 downhill, and it surley takes a long time to get there. I really don't see you rolling a 5.0L V8 Mercedes on the highway, what kind of mercedes was it? Nevermind, don't even answer. It makes no differnce. The moral of the story is, just stop, don't post BS>

Mike
FINE ill take a chance and hit it one more time, il even have my buudy(who's been up to the speed with me) reocrd it on video, expect an email by the end of th the week..maybe then youll all shut up...PEACE

Last edited:
Venture_motorsports_LS said:
FINE ill take a chance and hit it one more time, il even have my buudy(who's been up to the speed with me) reocrd it on video, expect an email by the end of th the week..maybe then youll all shut up...PEACE

:confused:

not saying that it can't happen (like someone else said... anything can happen on the street).

but seriously, the ONLY new GT's I can take are converables and I've taken an LS or two down before. I don't see how only an exhaust and K&N is gonna give you that much power... it's understandable why people would be skeptical

SC_Steve said:
not saying that it can't happen (like Sifrino said... anything can happen on the street).

but seriously, the ONLY new GT's I can take are converables and I've taken an LS or two down before. I don't see how only an exhaust and K&N is gonna give you that much power... it's understandable why people would be skeptical

:I

Why does everyone keep comparing 4.6 litre Lincoln engines with 4.6 litre Caddy engines?

The LS has a 3.9litre

Where not bragging over 14.9 are we?
It's good to have a lot of interest in moddin' your ride, and it's nice to see your pleased in the way it performs.
But let's not point fingers at others, talking' crap...

Only way to test out real times and prove others you will "OWN" them, is to hit up the track, then scan your times.

:W

Well, I love my LS, I loved my 95 Mark VIII, and I do love this site. I had a 94 Z28 automatic and then a 96 Z28 6 speed. Raced many cars with those...won some, lost some, but of course I was racing other Z's and vettes, etc. When I got my Mark VIII I had NO intentions of racing until I realized that it was perty darn quick. (Not Z quick, but quick) If I shifted from 1 to 2 it would chirp every time. I beat a supercharged grandprix (3.8) and a supercharged Buick Grand National. My current 01' LS V8 is fantastic and has balls when I'm moving.....But I just don't see what mods I could do to really bump the speed to where it needs to be for me to be at all arrogant about racing people. I love the car. I will mess with people and some I win, some I lose. I will say that IN MY OPINION, the LS is THE car for me and I wouldn't have bought it if I just wanted speed. Sorry for the pointless long post. But I LOVE MY LS, LOVED MY MARK VIII and I LOVE THIS SITE....... :N

Love to see what kind of Grand National it was. They were 13.0 cars right out of the showroom. Maybe it was one of the non-intercooled ones (pre-'85). And watch out for those blown GM cars, just a pulley kit and CAI gets them into the 13's easy. I've even seen them dipping into the 12's.

Katshot said:
Love to see what kind of Grand National it was. They were 13.0 cars right out of the showroom. Maybe it was one of the non-intercooled ones (pre-'85). And watch out for those blown GM cars, just a pulley kit and CAI gets them into the 13's easy. I've even seen them dipping into the 12's.

Not to mention the 03' Cobra's... Like WHOA!

Katshot said:
And watch out for those blown GM cars, just a pulley kit and CAI gets them into the 13's easy. I've even seen them dipping into the 12's.

from a dead dig... yeah, but they deffinitly run out of breath in hte upper RPMs :)
:D

Katshot said:

Yeah, I gotta admit it was a piece o crap. (That particular GrandNational) I was expecting to get me butt wiped cause I barely beat one with my Z28. (And lost the next race, then won the one after that.) But, I did beat him. I have no clue what year, but I do know that the guy was sort of a doof.

hotrodLSC said:
the motor in the M8 is not a cobra motor. it is a DOHC like the cobra.
Actually, they are, Cobra is aluminum, only difference. Mine is aluminum now,
cobra.jpg

but my fault for not saying so. Haven't listed any of my mods yet, except maybe the tranny... I think... eh who knows... Without modding it, werent any M8's ordered with Aluminum?

hottweelz said:
Actually, they are, Cobra is aluminum, only difference. Mine is aluminum now,
cobra.jpg

but my fault for not saying so. Haven't listed any of my mods yet, except maybe the tranny... I think... eh who knows... Without modding it, werent any M8's ordered with Aluminum?

huh? I am almost certin that all the mark VIII engines were all aluminum. I think the only difference between them was the crank, the intake and the exhaust cam. I'm sure someone will chime in

I certainly hope someone does... I've basically had the whole drivetrain rebuilt and specifically requested aluminum.

Bad enough the tranny went and that wasn't even voluntary a few months back

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?modelid=1759&src=vip

The 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII is available in a single model. A Diamond Anniversary Package celebrates the 75th anniversary of Lincoln in 1996. The Mark VIII has a 4.6-liter all-aluminum V8 engine with a 4-speed automatic transmission. Additional standard features include an anti-lock brake system (ABS), alloy wheels, a keyless entry system, automatic climate control, cruise control, leather seats, a self-leveling speed-sensitive suspension that lowers at high speeds, and a wraparound instrument panel. Options include a power moonroof, traction control, an LSC option package, CD player, and cellular phone.

just one of the first things I seen searching google

Yea but thats the Diamond Anniversary Edition. I had the choice of that one or the 98 Fully Loaded ... 98 isn't Aluminum... I'm gonna keep googling too .. :)

http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Lincoln_1994_Lincoln_Mark_VIII

the Mark VIII rode on a 4.5-inch longer wheelbase and measured 4.1 inches longer overall. Under the hood sat a twin-cam, all-aluminum 4.6-liter V8. The only available transmission was a 4-speed automatic with electronic shift control. Handling features included an all-independent electronically controlled air-spring suspension, antilock brakes, and speed-sensitive power steering

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/photos/index.cfm/id/2058/img/93115151990401

Lincoln launched the Mark VIII after the 1993 season began to replace the aging Mark VII. Rear-wheel drive was retained, but a new V8 engine was installed along with standard driver- and passenger-side airbags. When compared to the Mark VII, the Mark VIII rode on a 4.5-inch longer wheelbase and measured 4.1 inches longer overall. Under the hood sat a twin-cam, all-aluminum 4.6-liter V8. The only ... Read more in Consumer Guide®'s Full review of the 1993-98 Lincoln Mark VIII...

hottweelz said:
According to this Crazy long in depth aricle... there's more blocks than we can count... especially in 96-98... my life just became a soap opera.
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0302MMFF_MixMatch/

I've heard that the early ones were real strong. I think it was SHM that was able to put something like 1000+ HP thru an early style lincoln block (obviously built internals)... crazy

To be honest, I've never seen a 4.6 that WAS'T all-aluminum. I wish I had the same books on Lincoln that I have on Cadillac, then I'd be able to tell you what the differences are. I'd bet the Cobra motor is at the very least beefed-up with different cams, maybe even different heads and crank too. On the Cadillac 4.6, there's only two versions and the only difference is the cams.

Katshot said:
To be honest, I've never seen a 4.6 that WAS'T all-aluminum. I wish I had the same books on Lincoln that I have on Cadillac, then I'd be able to tell you what the differences are. I'd bet the Cobra motor is at the very least beefed-up with different cams, maybe even different heads and crank too. On the Cadillac 4.6, there's only two versions and the only difference is the cams.
Check the article I posted, it will give you part numbers and years of the Iron Blocks (into the 90s)

Looks like this is gonna cost me more $$

Okay, so it looks like the SOHC engines have an iron block and the DOHC engines use aluminum, right? That article was real informative. I just wish I could find the "Part 2" on their site. THAT would be REAL informative since it is supposed to deal exclusively with the DOHC engine.

Crap, your right, it looks like it's the current Article, so next month, next week, next release of their articles will be part II.... another website to subscribe to :( LOL

Members online

Back