What's up with Dubz... Deep Thoughts

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
I don't doubt the wheels are 1 of 3 or whatever, they do look like alot of the other ones even if they aren't exactly the same.

Ya, I hear ya. Someone is just trying to be funny, so, making a point. :p

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
I don't doubt the wheels are 1 of 3 or whatever, they do look like alot of the other ones even if they aren't exactly the same.

lol,,yea they look like the Kapones,, another over used wheel on the LS.

but please,, the Lowenharts are also over used,,more money than the Kapones,, but still overused.

but hey the boxer told u they were 1 of 3 in the country,,so i would believe him,. and enjoy ur wheels.

remember tho,, once u have somethin in ur head,,its amazing how many u see around u,, like, yellow bike,m, see how many yeloow bike su see in a week now that ur thinkin bout a yellow bike,,lol

I'm just saying that the BR5's were not made to fit the LS. These were custom made by Lowenhart to fit them. Anyone can slap on a set of adapters to have them fit, but they'll run into problems with them. A good friend of mine grew up with the owner of Blvd Customs ( www.blvdcustoms.com ) and he told me they were custom made and 1 of 3 sets for the LS. Therefore, I'll take his word for it. :D

but anyways, back on topic. :L and I love my 20's!

Its cool, I see what your saying.

I don't imagine mine being 1 of a kind but I haven't seen another with them.

124-2478_IMG.JPG

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Its cool, I see what your saying.

I don't imagine mine being 1 of a kind but I haven't seen another with them.

who really cares if they r one of a kind,,, as long as u dont see them where u live all day everyday ur good.

like he said,, just cause u have seen them,, doesnt mean u have seen them on his color LS.

same wheels look pretty different on different color LS's

well i have some 18" and i am happy no rubbing no harshness to my ride and they look cool....

well i have some 18" and i am happy no rubbing no harshness to my ride and they look cool....

I don't think anyone would consider 18's as dubz ;) If I had my druthers, I'd go up to 18's on my car for performance reasons, but I'm otherwise satisfied with my stock gunmetal 17's.

Anyone know how much a 20" wheel and tire weigh? I'd like to compare that to a stock wheel/tire.

I Need To Sell My Rims, My Brakes Are Wore Out, My Shocks Are Gone And I Saw Another Guy With Them Today. J/k I Love My Twinkies. I Can See The Point Of Everyone Here, But Remember Everyone Has A Slightly Different Opinion On What Looks And Performs Good. 19s Are Probably The Best Choice For A Ls, But If You Want To Pay An Extra Grand For 1 More Or 1 Less Inch Than Go Ahead. I Sell Wheels And I Still Didnt Buy Myself 19s. 18s For Racing, 19s For Show And Performance, 20s For Bling. View attachment 20687 OH YEAH 22S FOR "WHIPS" YES THIS HAS ACTUALLY BEEN A CAR SHOW CATEGORY

Last edited:
when i go to the club on the weekends people flock to my car. but then most of them run their mouths about me needing bigger wheels. i think i'll stick to the 20's they ride rough enough but it does get alot of attention.

I agree siddymae, I think 20's look small. 21's would be a perfect fit, but that rare size cost too much.

One thing i have noticed is most of the people with the Dubz or 20's or whatever are all 00-02 LS's. Every picture in this thread so far has been of the older LS. And from what i have been reading recently most people are also upside down with negative equity in their car. So its my thought that alot of people are buying a 00-02 LS even though they probably cant afford it and then customizing which will also kill its resale. I have used the forbidden word "kids" before but i dont think most people are making sound financial decisions regarding their LS. I see alot of people that buy old BMW's or Benz and think that their all that because of the brand of the car.

Fla02LS said:
One thing i have noticed is most of the people with the Dubz or 20's or whatever are all 00-02 LS's. Every picture in this thread so far has been of the older LS. And from what i have been reading recently most people are also upside down with negative equity in their car. So its my thought that alot of people are buying a 00-02 LS even though they probably cant afford it and then customizing which will also kill its resale. I have used the forbidden word "kids" before but i dont think most people are making sound financial decisions regarding their LS. I see alot of people that buy old BMW's or Benz and think that their all that because of the brand of the car.

paid for mine with cash, no financing needed

ATLS's car looks like an 04 to me...

I own an 01, but it doesn't mean that I can't afford an 06, matter of fact I might change mine to one. But, the only reason I am not changing it because the differences in 01 and 06 are not so dramatic.

About the 20" wheels, if I would get an 06, I would still put them on.

i have an 02 and dropped more money into the car than originally paid for it.. (cash).. finance is not a problem..

i got the 20's.. no problem with suspension or breaks..

i got the right rims.. upgraded everything needed.. and upgraded the breaks as well.. no problems with 20's..

now back to the author's question.. rims are like a car.. u change ur car every few years right? u lose money right? rims are like a package for the car in my eyes.. and when i change my rims.. i change the look of my car.. so why not change the rims? if i had the money and time i'd have rims for every month.. that would be crazy.. jk..

anyways.. rims are mods that are the first to be replaced.. cause u use it all the time.. and there is no way that u can stop them from wearing out.. atleast with a system u can keep it low.. paint u can clean and keep up.. but the rims? always a ditch.. always wear out tires.. etc.. etc..

HyeLifeLS said:
I own an 01, but it doesn't mean that I can't afford an 06, matter of fact I might change mine to one. But, the only reason I am not changing it because the differences in 01 and 06 are not so dramatic.
When i had my '02 i thought the same thing but now with an '05 i cant tell you how different it is. Not even close to being the same car.

You're right, mine is an '04. As far as difference between the old a new models, I had an '02, when it was totaled (3 weeks later) I bought an '04. It has more horse power, and doesn't feel as heavy os the '02. I'm kinda glad I had the accident to be honest with you. I got a better car at about the same price I paid for the '02. In Summary, I liked the '02, but I love my '04.

jumpman6235 said:
if im going to drop 25-30k on a car, it sure as hell wouldnt be an LS..
would be more like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...70QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Your crazy. Yes its nice, but also about to be 5 yrs old and alot of miles for a BMW and alot of money at $33k. BMW's come with a factory 4 yr/50k warranty the same as Lincoln. That says 100,000 mi. warranty, has to be aftermarket, wouldnt trust it. Even the factory extended warranty doesnt cover near as much as the original warranty. That car would cost you a mortgage to fix if it breaks down. Once again, you cant just look at a selling price with a car like that.

its all a matter of preference for me.. i personally liked the 02.. it was the newest one with the widest look.. for some reason the newer cars have the smaller lamps on the back and it gives the car more of a narrow look.. that and the two tone lights kinda looked like the 95 accord tail lights.. i jus personally liked this model...

Enkei Kapones are the best looking on the LS, I think. If I'm going 20s I gotta have 5 spokes, the rest just look a little...odd to me.

BanginLS said:
now back to the author's question.. rims are like a car.. u change ur car every few years right? u lose money right? rims are like a package for the car in my eyes.. and when i change my rims.. i change the look of my car.. so why not change the rims? if i had the money and time i'd have rims for every month.. that would be crazy.. jk..

anyways.. rims are mods that are the first to be replaced.. cause u use it all the time.. and there is no way that u can stop them from wearing out.. atleast with a system u can keep it low.. paint u can clean and keep up.. but the rims? always a ditch.. always wear out tires.. etc.. etc..

I've always felt that when it comes to modifications to a car, you follow two basic rules: Form and Function. If it doesn't fit into that category, it's a waste IMHO. Then again, if you have the money to waste, knowck yourself out

Form: Do 20's follow the overall form of the car, in this case the LS. IMHO, no. Why? Because wheels should compliment the car and not be the focus of it. A majority of the time I'd be willing to bet that the first thing people say about a car with 20's is "nice wheels". They forget about the car and look at the wheels... it's the first thing that gets their attention and that's why people do it... for the attention.

Function: Do 20's offer any significant performance enhancement? No. They'd make the car slower and handle worse. With the weight of the wheels, the low sidewall tires, and the inherently horrid ride, there'd be no reason for me get 20's.

If I had the kind of money to waste on a new set of wheels/tires and all the other bling all the time, I'd look for a better car than the LS, that's for damn sure.

Members online

Back