149 Mph Is That All ! ! !

Reaction score
well racing a new 05 Mercedez 5.0 v8 on my way home, which i smoked, and the owner PULLED me over,to shake my hand :) lil sketchy !?. I hit 149 in my car AGAIN.... Does anybody know how to disengage the speed limiter. Is it a fuel cutoff or what. Not that there are too many places to go that fast in cali but....oh and whats up with my lil v8 spewin smoke at that speed. My mechanic said at that speed theres barely any weight on the motor so its pushin MAX HP, Is it true, blow by just sucks...Let me know...
The LS's recent meals~~~~~05 Mercedes (5.0 V8), Cadillac CTS (really slow), SRT-4 gave me a run for my money...surprise dodge still lost!,Impala 454 SS close call neck and neck, i started pulling hard on him at about 135-140, New Pontiac GTO, i made sure i waived to him as i passed. Oh and dont forget the couple Mustang GT's.
Email me about performance parts...Venture Motorsports

Very nice list. I wish I could get next to someonelike you! No one dares to take it that high here. Even though I havnt needed to take it that high. . .

Venture, What aftermarket parts are on your car?

re

jcavz24x said:
Venture, What aftermarket parts are on your car?
K&N,denso iridium plugs (-2 heat ranges), VENTURE Motorsports (my company) custom cat back exhaust system,springtech springs and 255/45/17 tires.

Sifrino3 said:
Very nice list. I wish I could get next to someonelike you! No one dares to take it that high here. Even though I havnt needed to take it that high. . .
its funny cuz the guy in the mrecedes thought i was pushin nos, when i pulled over he looked in my engine bay,trunk,and under my seats...he was pissed cuz hi 05 merced got stomped on !!

Venture_motorsports_LS said:
its funny cuz the guy in the mrecedes thought i was pushin nos, when i pulled over he looked in my engine bay,trunk,and under my seats...he was pissed cuz hi 05 merced got stomped on !!

If I bought the same. I would be pissed. . .

K&N,denso iridium plugs (-2 heat ranges), VENTURE Motorsports (my company) custom cat back exhaust system,springtech springs and 255/45/17 tires.
pre - 02 did not have a limiter built-in (which is 133) they hit between 143 and 147 (radared not speedo) and simply run out of umhf.

MAT88GT said:
using plugs that "cold" on a na application isn't the greatest idea

:iconcur: Absolutely no reason for colder plugs on the LS. Maybe 1 colder if you were spraying NO2 constantly. I ran 7psi on 93 octane with no problem, no knock. And im sure that the thick layer of carbon on those plugs is just making spark even better.

Quik LS said:
pre - 02 did not have a limiter built-in (which is 133) they hit between 143 and 147 (radared not speedo) and simply run out of umhf.
well when i hit 149 something kills the motor so? i dont know.

mikepietras04 said:
:iconcur: Absolutely no reason for colder plugs on the LS. Maybe 1 colder if you were spraying NO2 constantly. I ran 7psi on 93 octane with no problem, no knock. And im sure that the thick layer of carbon on those plugs is just making spark even better.
>I appreciate your response. the way it was explained to me was, if I run
>colder plugs, the plugs do not retain as much heat. With a cooler plugs,
>the combustion cycle is not as complete. With an uncomplete combustion
>cycle there is more gas left over, there by cooling the engine with the
>unburned fuel. im sure the motors 10.55:1 is burnin alright.
justin

eh thats one way to look at it, but the gains (if any) are nothing that would be noticed...you'll run into problems with the wrong plugs in the engine, more along the lines of plug life. If you want to control a/f ratio and inturn, burn quality, you certainly don't want to do it with a plug change. You'll find (though rare) engines that run a carb that can't get even burn distribution cylinder to cylinder that would be canidates for using different heat range plugs to tailer burn (per cylinder)...but this is totally different.

there are 3 factors that can/will limit your top speed
hp, it takes hp to keep an object accelorating
rev limit, if you can't build revs you can't increase speed excede XXXX rpm in any gear and the eec pulls spark (they used to pull fuel back in the eec4 days)
absolute speed limit, pass a certain rpm in X gear and the eec pulls spark at random

Whats wrong with 149mph? why on Earth would you want to travel more than 2x the legal speed limit on public roads?

Statement # 1
(Cars you say you beat in a race)
The LS's recent meals~~~~~05 Mercedes (5.0 V8), Cadillac CTS (really slow), SRT-4 gave me a run for my money...surprise dodge still lost!,Impala 454 SS close call neck and neck, i started pulling hard on him at about 135-140, New Pontiac GTO, i made sure i waived to him as i passed. Oh and dont forget the couple Mustang GT's.

Statement # 2
(list of mods)

Question # 1
Did any of these people KNOW they were racing?
I understand you love your car and all but I gotta say..... :bsflag:

An LS with that list of mods doesn't stand a chance in HELL of even competing with the cars you list let alone BEATING them.

poor thought and comments

Katshot said:
Statement # 1
(Cars you say you beat in a race)

Statement # 2
(list of mods)

Question # 1
Did any of these people KNOW they were racing?
I understand you love your car and all but I gotta say..... :bsflag:

An LS with that list of mods doesn't stand a chance in HELL of even competing with the cars you list let alone BEATING them.

RE: your quote~~~Let me just say for future reference, [SIZE=4be very selective with your comments. Dont step over the line. Plain and simple.!
Your little quote "An LS with that list of mods doesn't stand a chance in HELL of even competing with the cars you list let alone BEATING them"
Makes me want to break :q:q:q:q! Im tired of the LS getting NO RESPECT.
You dont know, so it makes you skeptical.
Caddy driver !

RE: your "Question #1"
Of course, it doesnt take a genious to figure it out. growing up in cali you just know. Next

I KNOW i dont have the fastest car in the world, by any means. But it moves on the freeway.Just chillin in 4th @ 105 and some fool pulls up, keep it in 4th.
To all the LS owners: Dont ever let a caddy driver tell YOU whats up, cuz thats b/s
:headbang:

i think i have to agree with Katshot. that car at best can run low 15's-high 14's in the 1/4, can't say about the top speed. i have FORD blue running through my veins, so there can't be any bias talk about me. don't get me wrong, i think the LS is a very nice car, and i have driven them at a Motor Trend event, on a track. :L

RE: your quote~~~Let me just say for future reference, [SIZE=4be very selective with your comments. Dont step over the line. Plain and simple.!
Your little quote "An LS with that list of mods doesn't stand a chance in HELL of even competing with the cars you list let alone BEATING them"
Makes me want to break :q:q:q:q! Im tired of the LS getting NO RESPECT.
You dont know, so it makes you skeptical.
Caddy driver !

RE: your "Question #1"
Of course, it doesnt take a genious to figure it out. growing up in cali you just know. Next

I KNOW i dont have the fastest car in the world, by any means. But it moves on the freeway.Just chillin in 4th @ 105 and some fool pulls up, keep it in 4th.
To all the LS owners: Dont ever let a caddy driver tell YOU whats up, cuz thats b/s
:headbang:[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're comments are laughable (the ones I could understand anyway). I had to read your post a couple times to decifer them and I'm STILL not sure WHAT you wanted to break but be that as it may, I assure you that it would take quite a bit of luck for you to pull off anything remotely considered a victory against ANY of the cars you listed.
I too, like the LS but it is anything but a racecar. Enjoy your car for what it is, a nice looking, classy ride. If you ever really want to race, pick on something more your speed. There's plenty of 15 second cars out there to play with. Just don't expect me to swallow your daydreams.
Oh, and BTW, anytime you want a "Caddy driver" to show you "what's up", bring that LS to my area of the country and I'll take you to school. Hell, a STOCK STS or ETC would spank your LS.

Katshot said:
Oh, and BTW, anytime you want a "Caddy driver" to show you "what's up", bring that LS to my area of the country and I'll take you to school. Hell, a STOCK STS or ETC would spank your LS.

What a stupid comment!

GrayGhost1 said:
What a stupid comment!

I was just responding to his "Caddy driver" statements that were obviously meant to enrage me. Come on, give me a break.
It would sure be nice if these kind of forums weren't populated by BS artists.

I will run my hotrod lincoln against your caddy and that LS :N :bow:

Yep, we definitely all need to get together at a national meet and do a little grudge racing. We got the keyboard race thing down, now we need a "run what you brung" event.

The Caddies are no slouches, that's for sure. And there are a couple of bad Lincoln rides out there too.

LvC..Let's get it on!

No doubt. But the fact is that "stock" for "stock", a 4.6 Northstar Cadillac will beat up on a 4.6 Lincoln. Once you start modding the cars, ANYTHING can happen. The guy's comments about the cars he beat with a basically stock LS were ludicrous, and when he started making what was basically a personal attack (Caddy drivers) he only helped to ruin whatever credibility he had as far as I'm concerned.
I realize MY car isn't any "racecar" but it's more than a match for any marginally modded (read: naturally aspirated, bolt-on mods, no engine mods, no juice) Lincoln. Hell, I have a fairly quick MKVII but I wouldn't dilude myself about it's performance.
I agree that a track day would be fun.

Members online

Back