Busted for Illegal Tint Out of State. Need Your Help!

you should have knew the law.. and followed it... it's your own fault. take the tint off your windows and prove it to the court..

dsoul27 said:
you should have knew the law.. and followed it... it's your own fault. take the tint off your windows and prove it to the court..

50 states 50 hoops my A55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (nothing persn'l Hottie, just crazy law if it is so)

Use a bs excuse to get around a bs law. Go to your Dr. get the excuse your senative to sun. Iowa and Nebraska both accept med excuses (as of 4/28/06).

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Consumer_I...][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

As far as the 50 - 50, I'm checking into it...will get back - that has got to be so friggin bogus!!! Heck why bust us for speeding when they could just sit at the state line. Watch COPS or any of those police shows, not once have I seen tint an issue when shooting occurs, and heck if they can't see a gun without tint..not that cops are lame, criminals are (tint or no tint, they are gonna shot ya) k.

Funny, Torq and I had this conversation a few weeks ago (Hi Hun ;). He said the same "thing your in their state their laws."....but I gotta see the law so I will find out and fill ya in asap (I hate to say this....oh it hurts.. but I'm gonna...Torq is usually right,...smooches Torq ;).

I would like to also include that I do have serious dry eye problems (eye medication 3-4 times a day, Dr has plugged tear ducts..etc). I never realized how much the tint helps me see. I have less than 5% I still have to wear black sunglasses. I've paid one 110.00 ticket, won't another.

More to come...

Smooches
MsM8

That sucks. I live in Iowa and a couple of months ago I got a window tint ticket by a deputy sheriff. A couple of weeks ago I was on the highway and this plain Jane honda with window so dark you couldn't see in went buy then at a four way stop it turned right in front of a deputy sheriff and he didn't do a thing about that car, that really made me mad. Now 2 days ago there was a truck broken down at an intersection and I was a ways back and saw a deputy sheriff there so I rolled my front windows down. When I got up to his car it was the same prick that gave me the ticket, he was just getting ready to get in and he saw and remembered me, he stopped and turned around and just stared the whole way by. I made it about 4 miles and did not see him at all and then all of the sudden he was right beside me four about 1/2 mile, then he jumped right in behind me and followed for awhile. Must not have anything better to do then mess with people that have nice cars.

These may help. You can dl them and crop them if you need to.

dsc02809.jpg

dsc02810.jpg

dsc02821.jpg

dsc02822.jpg

dsc02823.jpg

On a side note - I just went to court today for a handful of citations:

In the LS on May 27th:
#1 No proof of insurance (did have insurance, couldn't find at first)
#2 TINT 14%
#3 Obstrcution of View (Radar)
#4 No front license plate

July 22nd, in my new camaro, SAME STREET, different weekend:
#5 TINT 36%
#6 No front license plate
#7 LOUD MUFFLER :)shifty: )

Let me remind you guys ALL these tickets were issued to me on the same street in North Minneapolis where cops are no joke - these ******* got me for everything they could!

I know you have to pay to play...so I was planning to just go to court and seek a 'plea bargain'. Who knew it would be much easier than that ;)

All in all I was looking at 7 tickets for almost $1100 :eek:

....not to mention I got the tickets in the LS on May 27th and was all ready WAY past my due date/court date. :eek:

So I went to see a hearing's officer - admitted my faults - said about one minutes worth of my peace - told him the tint was still on both cars and that the cost to remove the tint is more than the cost of the ticket and I couldn't even afford that...

I provided proof of insurance - dropped
contested the loud muffler - dropped
contested the obstruction of view - dropped
put the front license plate on both vehicles - both dropped (no 'proof' was needed)
and then the officer lowered my fine amts on the tint tickets from $141 a pc. to $100 even a pc. + a $50 late fee for the LS tickets
= $250.00 Grand Total with two tint tickets on my record. :p

Bottom line: What you get a ticket for is NOT what you end up getting charged with if you are patient (by appearing in court)...pretty easy...for little petty 'equipment' violations like these. It also works for more serious citations...

I've had tickets dopped before, as I'm most have if they ever decided to fight one. I had a DAS (driving after suspension) AND a speeding (81 in 65) in the LS and both were dropped down to public nuisances (parking tickets) BUT my fines were increased from $650 to $900 - I was fine with it being the other option was to lose my license for another 60+ days....

So to date after being handed maybe -15- misdemeanor (or less) moving/equipment citations from law enforcement ranging from speeding (only two and one was less than 10 miles over so never went on record) to DAS (one) to 'no proof' (two) to tint (three) I have
-0- moving violations
-2- public nuisancs (parking tickets)
-2- equipment violations (tint)

Not trying to brag...just trying to remind people that you have to pay to play and if you care patient with the system you can catch some real good breaks. This also means that to my insurance company...I've never been pulled over :D

I can't believe only one person has stepped up to help the OP.

All he needs to do is email a pic to the police and it will be dropped. Sounds simple enough to me.

If I had a black LS I would send a pic in a heartbeat.

some community we have here :(

crappy pic from my phone when i first got my car. But the only one I have w/o tint. 20% all around.

ls stock.JPG

onelove408@aol.com

I have pictures at home of my '02 black LS when I first purchased it... stock rims obviously (dont know if u got rims)..

let me know if u need the pics..

I can probably crop any pics to make it work, but I'm just looking for a shot of the doors/windows area for the most part. I'd rather not show the whole car, just part of it. And if anyone has tint on the rear windows and none on the front that would sure help a ton! Thanks again for the help.

Virginia Donkey said:
I can't believe only one person has stepped up to help the OP.

All he needs to do is email a pic to the police and it will be dropped. Sounds simple enough to me.

If I had a black LS I would send a pic in a heartbeat.

some community we have here :(

By NOT sending him pictures that he will be using to deceive the court, we ARE helping him -- helping him stay out of MORE trouble.

Black03 said:
These may help. You can dl them and crop them if you need to.

dsc02822.jpg

This is exactly why it's not a good idea to use a picture someone gives you to fool the court. You're in Nebraska, the violation was in Iowa...

Look at the picture:

(prosecutor) Is this your car with the illegal tint removed?
(defendant) Yes ma'am.
(prosecutor) Looks very nice.
(defendant) Thanks you ma'am, does this mean the fine will be dropped?
(prosecutor) It most certainly does.
(defendant) Great! Thank you so much!
(prosecutor) That is, if you can tell me what part of Nebraska do people grow palm trees near their stucco and terra-cotta houses. I hear that southwest style is really catching on!
(defendant) :(
(prosecutor) PWN3D!!!!

That's hilarious. I'm no fool. It will be taken care of with the appropriate photo and security. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not trying to advocate deceiving the courts. They (the court) gave the op the option of just sending a pic to them to have the ticket dropped.

Tint is legal in his home state. If the OP is dumb enogh to go back to Iowa with tint, then he gets what he deserves.

I just figured, if the court was going to cut him a break, then we should do our part to help him out. Blood suckers get enough $$ for most any reason anyway

Kind of like finding a mismarked price.....do you tell all your friends or do you keep it quit so as to not deceive the merchant?

Motodrew said:
I asked them about these scenarios. I felt that one state had to respect another states laws, however she told me this isn't the first time and if you bring your vehicle into the state you have to abide with their laws. I also got questioned on my liscence plate tinted cover too but he let that slide as long as I removed it soon.

I have also been told to go to my local doctor. He can provide a quick doctor's excuse for the tint with the reasoning of sensitive skin or somethin. Anyone heard of this?

I still need pictures just in case....

thanks.

No, becuase if what they are saying is true, then if Iowa requires a front license plate, but your home state doesn't, then you're liable to get a ticket for not having a license plate. And that is blatantly disregarding a citizen's right to travel, guaranteed by the Constitution and backed up by numerous Supreme Court cases. Just look up "right to travel" and read a few of the Supreme Court and Circuit Court findings.

Also, please post the law you supposedly broke, I want to read it online and see exactly what it says. 99.9% of the time there is a provision in state's laws that say "vehicles legally licensed in another state are not obligated to obey this portion of the law"

Barwick said:
No, becuase if what they are saying is true, then if Iowa requires a front license plate, but your home state doesn't, then you're liable to get a ticket for not having a license plate. And that is blatantly disregarding a citizen's right to travel, guaranteed by the Constitution and backed up by numerous Supreme Court cases. Just look up "right to travel" and read a few of the Supreme Court and Circuit Court findings.

Also, please post the law you supposedly broke, I want to read it online and see exactly what it says. 99.9% of the time there is a provision in state's laws that say "vehicles legally licensed in another state are not obligated to obey this portion of the law"
Reading the Law is always the first step. But as I pointed out earlier, unless tint laws were included in the interstate uniform traffic law compact between the various states, individual states are free to regulate all vehicles in their state as they see fit. It is not a violation of your freedom to travel as they do not prevent you from traveling. They just fine you for an equipment violation. It is the same for helmet laws on motorcycles. Some states have them some do not. But riding a motorcycle without a helmet in a helmet law state will get you a citation regardless of the state you are a registered and licensed driver.:)

Look I agree with the last arguement since I ride a motorcycle and know that to be the case.
but on the other hand, I don't see why they want to be such d!xz about requireing him to remove the tint. He is legal in his state, so why should he remove the tint.
How much is his tint job versus the ticket?

I would think that they ought to cut him some sort of break since he is an out-of-state driver just travelling through, but its Iowa, what the hell do I know about the state to state relations out there!

Just my opinion.

Motodrew said:
Well on a road trip through Iowa I got busted for illegal tint. Iowa evidently requires 70% light to come through where Nebraska requires only 35%. Well I spoke with the county prosecutor of the county I was issued the fine and they are willing to wave the ticket if I can provide photos of the removal of the tint. That is where you guys come in.

I need a photo or two of a Black LS with no tint on the front side windows. There can be tint on the back windows however. Preferably something up close enough you cannot view the wheels/bumbers or anything else that would distinguish the differences of our vehicles. I hope you guys can help me out. I appreciate it!

d r e w

if you still need these pics I can email them to you. My tint in the front is hardly noticeable (I think 90%)

GWL said:
Reading the Law is always the first step. But as I pointed out earlier, unless tint laws were included in the interstate uniform traffic law compact between the various states, individual states are free to regulate all vehicles in their state as they see fit. It is not a violation of your freedom to travel as they do not prevent you from traveling. They just fine you for an equipment violation. It is the same for helmet laws on motorcycles. Some states have them some do not. But riding a motorcycle without a helmet in a helmet law state will get you a citation regardless of the state you are a registered and licensed driver.:)

Yeah, and just like helmet laws, they are unconstitutional. Yet the government still continues to write & enforce them.

Barwick said:
Yeah, and just like helmet laws, they are unconstitutional. Yet the government still continues to write & enforce them.

Why do you think helmet laws are unconstitutional? What provision in the constitution are these laws violating?

Anyone know Latin for "Protecting you from your own stupidity" I think it'd make a nice scroll on our shoulder patch :D

so why dont they make us wear knee and elbow pads too? .... we dont need laws like wearing a seatbelt or helmet... this is just another way government can get our money. It should be our choice if we want to put ourselves at risk, as long as it wont harm anyone else.

That's the problem... most people don't know when they're placing other people at risk. A line has to be drawn somewhere, otherwise people take it to the extreme. If you want to kill yourself, fine. The "government" really doesn't care... but please don't tie up the highway with traffic because your feable carcass is smeared across the road :rolleyes:

Members online

Back