Found an 05 LS V8 video with exhaust.

So, while that is weak, it is much better than the stock sound. So what I want to know is; how do I get my 03 V8 to sound better? and what would it cost? I have stock now. But I want a good growl.

Amoxi give us a sound clip. Because if this is true then I want to hear It. I have got to do something dif.

fordfanatic69 said:
Amoxi give us a sound clip. Because if this is true then I want to hear It. I have got to do something dif.

Do I have to run over my camera like that guy in the video? ;)

I'll see what I can do.

Sounds...

To me it sounds like a v6 pontiac with stock pipes. Not to offend. Maybe the camera being on the floor rebounds the echo from the asphalt, but it sounds like canned v6 grand prix gt.

I think it sounds kinda stupid.
It's not a muscle car, it's a Lincoln LS. The car in that vid sounds like a Mustang GT.

When that car is floored, it's going to sound like a F'ing jet taking off, meanwhile the car is hardly moving, it's just silly. Way too loud.

b34nz said:
It's not a muscle car, it's a Lincoln LS. The car in that vid sounds like a Mustang GT.

When that car is floored, it's going to sound like a F'ing jet taking off, meanwhile the car is hardly moving, it's just silly. Way too loud.

I think it sounds like a "Sports Sedan" (which i belive is what its meant to be), maybe your more of a "Town Car" guy. But it isn't that loud off camera, but i think it has a very nice growl to it. At WOT you hear the intake more than the exhaust.

theunclesam said:
So, while that is weak, it is much better than the stock sound. So what I want to know is; how do I get my 03 V8 to sound better? and what would it cost? I have stock now. But I want a good growl.

Yeah considering they don't make a catback system for our 03+ LS's, I think weak is all your headed for. Keep it stock. I've heard Magnaflow and universal Borla mufflers and they all have pretty much the same tone, it pretty much the engine.

I gotta get a sound clip of flowmasters at WOT. Blows that video out of the water IMHO....

don't get me wrong...any aftermarket exhaust sounds better than stock...which doesn't "sound" at all...lol

b34nz said:

It might sound a little like a jet taking off but as far as hardly moving I doubt that. Im surprised way harsher crowd here than at LLSOC.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2378328

Vandalera, the exhaust sounds just right I think, not too loud, not too quiet. And about your car moving, I have seen your 1/4 mile video and that thing just flies.

HyeLifeLS said:
Vandalera, the exhaust sounds just right I think, not too loud, not too quiet. And about your car moving, I have seen your 1/4 mile video and that thing just flies.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

VanDarela said:
It might sound a little like a jet taking off but as far as hardly moving I doubt that. Im surprised way harsher crowd here than at LLSOC.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2378328

I think it sounds perfect. You know it's there, but not too overpowering. BTW, did you ever replace your camera?

Osaín said:
I think it sounds perfect. You know it's there, but not too overpowering. BTW, did you ever replace your camera?

HAHA no not yet, i will very soon, i need it

Ive got custom catbacks with the flomasters and no resonators on my 01 ls v8 an they sound great Im my opinion but Im sure Im biased. Alot of people say that it sounds like a mustang GT, But never have I heard anyone say that it sounds like a v6. You have to hear it in person to get a good idea of what it really sounds like, video clips never do sound much justice on top of the fact that the rev limiter wont let you go past 3000 rpm in park or neutral.

I still got the stock intake, so Im curious to see what how that changes the sound.

Im also curious as to how you guys feel about the placment of the H-pipe on the ls. The stock one was tiny and way towords the back on the 01. Did that change on later models? Were do the aftermarket catbacks have them?

GranPappy said:
Ive got custom catbacks with the flomasters and no resonators on my 01 ls v8 an they sound great Im my opinion but Im sure Im biased. Alot of people say that it sounds like a mustang GT, But never have I heard anyone say that it sounds like a v6. You have to hear it in person to get a good idea of what it really sounds like, video clips never do sound much justice on top of the fact that the rev limiter wont let you go past 3000 rpm in park or neutral.

I still got the stock intake, so Im curious to see what how that changes the sound.

Im also curious as to how you guys feel about the placment of the H-pipe on the ls. The stock one was tiny and way towords the back on the 01. Did that change on later models? Were do the aftermarket catbacks have them?
I have the Magna-Flow catback on my 02, it has a X instead of the H. It is ahead of the resonators instead of behind.
A open intake will change the exhaust sound a little, but you'll never here it as the intake is considerably louder in the car than exhaust. At least with thw Magna-Flows, there pretty quiet. Could be my imagination, but they seem to be getting a little louder with age. That kind of muffler isn't suppose too.

Exhaust is really a personal taste thing.

Amoxi how load is it in the car with the windows up and what does it sound like at idle?

Members online

Back