Trying to remove rear speakers in '02 LS with Audiophile *Pic*

Cameron

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well gents I blew both of my rear speakers (the wannabe subs) so I am going to replace. I go in with the normal arsenal of tools to take the cover off the back and I'm stumped. I cannot remove the carpet cover and the funky rivets don't just pop out like I thought.

Anyone got clue? I circled the problem areas! Also if anyone has an idea of what the best quality speakers are to replace them please fill me in! I am wanting to go with 2 way, but I'm not certain on what brand or watt I need.

Thanks!

Cameron

lll.JPG

ya them 3 pins are a PAIN to pop out... im trying to remove my rear deck too, and im just waiting for a nice day to do it because the carpeted area isnt sliding off as easily as i thought it would.. get something that will pry underneath it and pull them out...

oops forgot to mention the side cushions... you have to take off the rear seat cushion and there is a bolt on the bottom of both side cushions, remove that and you gotta find a way to put your hand behind the cushion where you have circled, and there is a little tab you have to push up or down and the side cushions pop right out...

The easiest way to pop those pins out without breaking them is to get a wrench, so it covers under the pin top about 75% instead of like 10% like a screwdriver so it hopefully won't break. I've done it with other pins, but not those.

They make a tool so you don't break those you know. I have a set of interior trim tools from Matco (four different styles) ran me about 90 bucks, but for you home garage mechanics you could probably get it at autozone or murrays for like $10 or for zero dollars you can get creative and use a screwdriver or wrench and maybe go to ford and buy more trim clips cuz those ones broke :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back