My LS just... stopped working. Does anyone have any idea what the hecks going on? My mechanics are STUMPED on a potential diagnosis.

UPDATE: It was a bad MAF sensor and we got it running again.
Guy on facebook told me his did the EXACT same thing and turned out to be an MAF sensor. So I figured his story similar enough to be worth a shot to change it. We changed it, jump started the car, and it was entirely fine and runs better than it did leading up to the breakdown :)

That guy on the internet is pretty sharp! Glad you got it working, that is a very strange failure mode. Thank you Mr JoeGr!

Im so shocked honestly that so few people thought of the MAF sensor and that was their vote. So many of the dozens of ppl ive talked to and all of the mechanics whove come to look voted throttle body or fuel issue.
We had a few rule outs, fuel issue was one of them, none of us knew what the heck it was but someone told a story of of the exact same thing happening to theirs and it was MAF sensor and I was like huh thats been mentioned before... so I tried it as a desperate last resort before going to the dealership. Yup. Thats what it had to be lmao sorted the whole car right out. Yall are such a blessing and shout out to JoeGr!
I seriously appreciate all the help and being told about that sensor. It was cheap and easy for me to replace, slapped it right in there and it fixed the car.

You had a bad MAF and it did not set any codes??
Seems odd?

You had a bad MAF and it did not set any codes??
Seems odd?
If something is stuff on the wire, it has no way to know that it is not working. It just looks like there is little to no air going by it.
Most sensors have failure modes that the self diagnostics can't detect, unfortunately.

Members online

Back