May some one please tell me what this part is called?!!!

D~Wats

LVC Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone I've been reading threads in this forum for a couple of years. I never had the need to post because the forum is so rich with information accessible by just a simple search. Obviously... I have searched, yet I have two questions. I am in the middle of taking the valve cover, hoses,intake manifold, etc off to clean the engine and under carriage on a 2001 LS 3.0 that I bought and let sit for almost a year because the suspension was so bad. I have done the suspension; now I am cleaning it because it has a crazy leak (shit is bad), and I don't know where it's coming from it doest drip to the ground but most of the engine, the alternator, trans, etc are all black ansty and soaked. Anyway, the piece pictured basically just broke and it looked to be already cracked when I was just moving it. Please tell me what it is called so I can order a new one, or the best quality replacement part to order, if it's not the oem (or the oem is not available). I think I found the part while typing this... IS this the Positive crankcase ventilation tube?! It looks different everywhere I've searched to order it (Advanced Auto, Ebay, RockAuto). Does this three-way piece disconnect at the junction I've Circled? If so, How? (Ok... I have more than 2 Questions.)

My last inquiry is about the best online manual(s) for my two cars. I am a computer/tech guy now bent on becoming a car guy, So I need pictures, theoretical explainations, and clear electrical (preferably interactive) diagrams. I only have the printed worksop manuals for my 2002 LS V8 (I bought it for $500. It's the one on Scotty Kilmer's video, "If You Only Have $500, This is the Car You Should Buy" [that's literally my actual car in the video... of course I had more than 500 bucks, but whatever get's clicks right?]). I have the digi workshop manuals for both cars (2001 3.0;2002 3.9) but, I need something that goes further in detail during the dissasembly/assembly instructions. I have paid for forcan and have a dedicated laptop for it, all though I'm currently waiting on Amazon to get their shit together because I ordered an OBDlink Ex (Amazon product ASIN B081VQVD3F) on the 12th for overnight shipping and it's still not here. Thank you in advanced this is an urgent situation for me, as I have been waiting and having parts shipped, and replacing parts- starting with the suspension -for 2 mos. now, but the ball joint has snapped in half on the 2002 and stripped the lower control arm (*sigh* waiting to order the part until I know what's the deal with the 01).... and Uber is not the most economical way to get myself and others around. Thanks again, guys.

Pos_CrkCas_Vent_tube.jpg

Pos_CrkCas_Vent_tube_junx.jpg

Last edited:
That is the tube that connects both valve covers to the metered air plenum that supplies filtered air to the engine. I don't think they are available any longer. I hope they are. If not, I may have one that is usable. They are very brittle and require gentle prying with probably two tools 180 apart when pulling from the valve covers. If they are no longer available, let me know.

Thank you. Yes, they are extremely brittle. Every time I touched a tab on the opening that actually goes into the valve cover it fell to the floor. Do you know what name I would type to search for it. I don't see a part number anywhere. In the WM I think it's calling this a positive crankcase vetilation tube (Which also sounds like what you're describing). I will look and let you know. If applicable, just let me know what you need me to do, and I'll do it ASAP!

I literally just went to order a crankcase tube for my gen2 v8 because the tube sounded like it was cracking to pieces when removed and they are discontinued. Sucks.

That's the part, Joe.

OP: If they have it, scarf it up. If you miss on it, I will look at the one I have, which should be good.

It looks like it is, Ford XW4Z-6758-BA Tube Assembly. It's listed as discontinued. Tasca shows one, but I would call to make sure they really have it.

View attachment 828576926
Maan, I had read you were talking about leaving @ 20k. I was sad and hadn't even coomunicated with to you, yet. FWIW, as great as a lot of people on here are, I don't think this place would be these same without you. -D~Wats

Do you have any opinion on the best place to go for online repair resource for the LS. I don't own any other type of cars any more, so I don't care about other makes atm.

Last edited:
That's the part, Joe.

OP: If they have it, scarf it up. If you miss on it, I will look at the one I have, which should be good.
Whats up Mikey, I ordered the part, but I don't know when they will be sending it...or if they will have it. They have sent me only an automated response. I have been having bad issues with part companies lately... The scanner I ordered was "lost" (stolen) in transit. Amazon didn't call me to tell me; I had to call them to find out. My front tie rods showed up in seperate boxes 3 weeks apart very late missing pieces... So I would like to buy the part from you to mitigate any negative results from this order not showing up in any acceptable time frame. What do you need me to do? Thanks again- too, bro, your response literally has made my week.

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at  Order Details TascaParts com.png

If you have ordered from Tasca, try calling their parts department to check. I have yet to check my used hose, had snow to deal with, should have time tonight after work.

No Worries... I did call Tasc. The message on their phone service said they are not taking calls ..only email... Covid. They have me nervous.

Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 12-02-52 Tasca Parts Order #1712941 Placed - dwats minkfranchise com ...png

Last edited:
If you have ordered from Tasca, try calling their parts department to check. I have yet to check my used hose, had snow to deal with, should have time tonight after work.
How much, bro, I still haven't heard from Tasca. I am searching high and low for this part.

I believe places are claiming they've got it just to look for it once I've ordered it. Like Lasco told me it's a 3 day order from Ford. How is that, if the part is discontinued?

I believe places are claiming they've got it just to look for it once I've ordered it. Like Lasco told me it's a 3 day order from Ford. How is that, if the part is discontinued?
Yes, unfortunately that seem to be the way that it [doesn't] works. If you could just find the connectors, you could rig the rest of it up. I wonder if any parts still in production have the same connectors? I don't know how you would find them if so.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was looking through other models for the end connections that actually fit into the valve cover to buy it and fabricate the intermediate portion. What I don't know is what kind of material I would need to meat the oil, heat, pressure, or other chemical resistance requirements for parts used for the purpose of ventilating crankcases and carrying the gas/liquid(?) products the process entails.

Vacuum hose, like the one that runs to the brake booster, should work well enough.

LOL!!! Crazy... Same old shit. I'm done with these "part" places if none of these orders come through.

Polish_20220119_224016183.jpg

Yeah you're right about that. I've ordered a few things from Ford parts giant and they cancel the order cause they don't have the part but the retards keep it listed online and get your hopes up, haha

Yeah you're right about that. I've ordered a few things from Ford parts giant and they cancel the order cause they don't have the part but the retards keep it listed online and get your hopes up, haha
I'm smiling while laughing on the inside, but it "aint" funny at all. Thanks for that heads up we shall see. I'll let everyone know if this goes through.

Hey there, I just found my used part and it's whole. No broken pieces on the extremely fragile brittle valve cover push in connectors, so it should work.
20220120_103943.jpg

I want it. Wish I hadn't spent so much $$$ chasing ghost, but I don't care. When, where, how?

I literally just went to order a crankcase tube for my gen2 v8 because the tube sounded like it was cracking to pieces when removed and they are discontinued. Sucks.

Stupid idea (maybe)... but maybe a spray can of "Flex Seal" will plug the cracks on the tubes.

You can always check the tubes for leaks by lightly spraying some sort of combustible liquid on them... and listen for an rpm change.

Members online

Back