Abs module

Yes i figured out that the dealer parts guy was confusing advance track and traction control. It was missing the advance track. I have the right one now and it's working great again!

Note that the button image you show is for an LS with traction control, not AdvanceTrac. The AdvanceTrac button has an image of a car with wavy lines behind it. The spinning tire image is for traction control only.
AdvanceTrac has traction control, but it adds stability control to that. In addition to reducing rear wheel spin, it uses the brakes at all four wheels to attempt to keep the car going in the same direction as you are steering.
All LSes had at least traction control. Some also had AdvanceTrac.

View attachment 828576932
Yep... I just double checked and confirmed. Thanks for the correction.

Agree...I said all the LSes I've driven both 3.0 and 3.9 1st and 2nd gens had traction control I should be more specific and say either Traction Control or AdvanceTrac

All Lincoln LS ABS modules have traction control. Some ABS modules have AdvanceTrac (stability control). Is it really AdvanceTrac that you are talking about (car with wavy lines instead of spinning tire symbol)? I don't know of any way to program AdvanceTrac into a module without AdvanceTrac. I suppose that they might be able to downgrade your car from AdvanceTrac to just traction control. I wouldn't want that at all. AdvanceTrac was a great feature. Cars are now required to have stability control, as of a few years ago.
Joegr, I POST A THREAD, A FEW AG CAN U TAKE A LOOK. I work on mine myself and she my dd. Ls etc\ABS problem, I think I titled it.

Members online

Back