Chasing Fuel pressure pulse damper

Shmoops

LVC Member
Reaction score
So a friend looking over my 98 thought the fuel pressure pulse damper might have a bit of gas smell & seemed a tad damp. Was intending to go ahead & replace it as cheap piece of mind even if not truly needed quiet yet, but apparently it's made from unobtanium. Anyone have suggestions on where to source or an alternate part # that will fit & work well enough? Looks like my stock part # is f7le-9f775-aa. This is the one on the passenger side fuel rail of a 2nd Gen just to be clear

Your quoted part number looks like an engineering number. Service parts numbers for Gen 2 cars typically (though not always)start with F7LZ or F8LZ. I tried both prefixes in Google and got no results
I have a paper copy of 97 OEM Ford parts catalog. The root 9F775 does not show a number for Mark VIII. I have many earlier catalogs going back to 1960. This 97 catalog has more omissions than any I have seen, at least for Mark VIII. That is all I ever look for in the 97 catalog.

I suggest calling your Ford dealer. They should be able to get you correct ordering part number, even if it is not available from Ford.
Helps to have VIN number when speaking with Ford service parts. They may also be able to cross your F7le-9f775-aa number to a service parts number.

yes the fuel pressure regulator is on the driver's side fuel rail. The fuel pressure pulse damper is on the passenger rail up near the front. the cup is part of the fuel rail & the damper itself fits into the cup w/ an internal snapring. I sourced a used one from racebronco2 via ebay & even he was unaware it was a theoretically serviceable part. Still for piece of mind would i like to be able to source a new alternate if anyone knew of interchange

I attached a pic I found on internet. Does the arrow point at part you seek? I am unable to work on my car so I've never laid eyes on the fuel rail. Ford parts list the fuel rail as a manifold.
F4LY9F792A Fuel Rail p1 of 8.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back