What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I've been giving some thought to NOS control.
now, the engine management system calls for the IMRC to open at 3200rpm, about where one would want the NOS to shoot into the intake manifold. As I'm considering pulling the secondary throttle valves out of the intake runners anyway, I got to thinking about that actuation signal for the IMRC. wouldn't it be nice if it would energize the NOS system controller at that point? I could plumb the wet system into the secondary runners. have to pull the manifolds off anyway. To my thinking, it's going to need an uprated flow from the fuel pump for a 100 shot. one would think twenty three years was long enough for a electric fuel pump. Larger fuel lines perhaps a larger capacity fuel filter.
does anyone have any other thoughts on this or am I reinventing the wheel?
I think you may be reinventing the wheel, however I've seen 255lph fuel pumps on scp that might help

Put in new steering column after years of it being over extended
Now the wheel is crooked but that aside its so much better.

Nothing today. But picked it up on Tuesday and trailered it home.

Dropping it off for state inspection tomorrow. 50,200 ish miles on the odometer.

IMG-5532.jpg

IMG-5533.jpg

IMG-5534.jpg

IMG-5535.jpg

IMG-5536.jpg

IMG-5537.jpg

Wow, that one is super nice! Love those wheels. What a score. just goes to show you, there are still some sleepers out there!

I got under the front end, pulled the bellows off of the rack and confirmed leaks on both ends of the Cardone remanned rack and pinion- 3 years less than 10k.
Currently trying to remember what all the steps are to drop the k frame and put in a different rack and pinion. NOT another Cardone POS

I've been giving some thought to NOS control.
now, the engine management system calls for the IMRC to open at 3200rpm, about where one would want the NOS to shoot into the intake manifold. As I'm considering pulling the secondary throttle valves out of the intake runners anyway, I got to thinking about that actuation signal for the IMRC. wouldn't it be nice if it would energize the NOS system controller at that point? I could plumb the wet system into the secondary runners. have to pull the manifolds off anyway. To my thinking, it's going to need an uprated flow from the fuel pump for a 100 shot. one would think twenty three years was long enough for a electric fuel pump. Larger fuel lines perhaps a larger capacity fuel filter.
does anyone have any other thoughts on this or am I reinventing the wheel?
I ran larger shot on just a 255 intank all stock lines and filter, I also only put NOS on switch on throttle WOT. Where I have to bury gas pedal.

Well because this 61k mile all original garage kept since new beauty is mine now, and not going to be garaged had it professionally ceramic coated.

20210723_090226.jpg

Got my steering column put back in. I bought the car with the column extended to the point that it traveled off the track, and the clock spring broken Rebuilt it from salvage parts.

Car would crank but not start. Replaced the crankshaft position sensor and fired right up
Now to figure out that small transmission fluid leak from the bell housing rubber plug :oops:

Froggye (2).jpg

Pepe the frog (CDT Unity 8 drivers)!

Dashed-sm (2).jpg
Doored1-2.jpg

I never liked the way the door panel covered the door speakers so this happened.

door8.jpg
blu-door-in.jpeg

:cool:

Almost got a couple of tickets test driving a Mark VIII for sale yesterday! Running down the Silver Strand (a narrow strip of sand between Imperial Beach and Coronado here in San Diego) which is a notorious speed trap, and I was cruising along at 65mph, and punched it just enough to ensure it didn't slip on downshifting, then got back out of it at 75 mph. Hit the brakes and signaled to turn into the base marina to go back, and darned if there weren't two cops sitting in the driveway of the marina running radar. I had also passed a road sign on the beginning of the Strand the said "loud /modified exhausts may be cited" and this Mark has been straight piped from the converters back, no mufflers at all! I would say it's about as noisy as a Flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust would be. Needless to say, I pulled back out of the marina driving like a little old man!

Almost got a couple of tickets test driving a Mark VIII for sale yesterday! Running down the Silver Strand (a narrow strip of sand between Imperial Beach and Coronado here in San Diego) which is a notorious speed trap, and I was cruising along at 65mph, and punched it just enough to ensure it didn't slip on downshifting, then got back out of it at 75 mph. Hit the brakes and signaled to turn into the base marina to go back, and darned if there weren't two cops sitting in the driveway of the marina running radar. I had also passed a road sign on the beginning of the Strand the said "loud /modified exhausts may be cited" and this Mark has been straight piped from the converters back, no mufflers at all! I would say it's about as noisy as a Flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust would be. Needless to say, I pulled back out of the marina driving like a little old man!
So you bought the car??

Replaced my transmission filter and filter.
Then I'm gong to go pick up my parts to replace the oil filter, oil pump, gasket, and adapter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back