How to Bypass Hydraulic Pump w/ V6?!?

Farmer_Gann

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've got my electric fan ready to swap in, but for the life of me can't figure out how to delete the old hydraulic pump/pulley. Unlike you fancy v8 folks, this v6 doesn't play nice with a shorter belt (from the looks of it).

2000 LS V6

The only person I found in search that solved the issue hasn't been here in 5 years and didn't post pictures or part number :/

Thanks all

Since Ford used basically the same engine in the Taurus and Escape... why don't you take a look at those and see how things are routed. Might just require a bracket and/or pulley swap.

Or a gen 2 V6 which is routed exactly the same other than the pump...
IIRC they have a bracket and extra idler pulley at the top passenger corner to put the belt in the right shape

IIRC they have a bracket and extra idler pulley at the top passenger corner to put the belt in the right shape

I'm going hunting for that bracket and idler in the morning - awesome tip, thank you!

That was 04_sport_LS that suggested the Escape/Taurus, but hey, nice find!

So if I get the bracket/pulley from a junkyard Gen 2 V6, will it bolt directly onto my Gen 1 V6 where the hydraulic pump currently is? I am contemplating this switchover in the near future.

Got it running thanks to you getting me on the right track - Thanks Again!

$15 Hydraulic Pump Delete (V6)
I’m having problems with my hydraulic pump and hoping this will be my fix. Mine was converted to an electric fan and the pulley broke off the hydraulic pump. I have the hydraulic pump removed completely and can’t find a used or new one anywhere. How do I know which generation lincoln ls v6 I have? Mines a 2001.

Members online

Back