Would focus rs rims fit?

Would 2012 focus rs rims rub on calipers ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Discount tire showed the same rim fitting my LS and a 2012 Focus Titanium in the 18" size. Both have 5-108 bolt pattern and 40mm offset. Sounds like they will fit.
The Focus if I am not mistaken is a Front-wheel-drive car and the LS is a rear wheel. I high my doubts if that will actually work as I had a rim shop order me a set of rims back in the day for an explorer and they could never get them to work because they ended up being a front-wheel-drive rim. Maybe that is where spacers would come in?

One thing I would be concerned about... is the difference of revolutions per mile between the tire sizes. It could possibly throw your speedo off. It can however be recalibrated to the different size.

Tire Rack has a "revs per mile" calculator on their website that you can use to see how much difference there is.

I'll bet the 18" setup weighs more than the original 17's. Plus the 40mm offset may cause premature front hub wear.

If they are fairly close... ask the seller if you can "test fit" them. Throw a floor jack in your trunk and drive there if he says yes.

IMG_20210414_112847069.jpg

IMG_20210414_112831755.jpg

Here's a pick of my replacement aftermarket 17" rims with 40mm offset.

I also have the larger 320mm Jaguar Sport "big brake" setup on the front... with no clearance issues.

The spokes on my rims are curved on the back side. If the spokes on the back of the focus rims are straight... it could be close.

While Dale has a point I never would have considered... the "track width" of the LS is the same front to rear... (IIRC) So if all 4 rims have 40mm offset... they "SHOULD" work.

Guess it doesn't matter now... since they are sold. I would suspect the reason for selling, is that the tread on the tires didn't work out well in snowy Canada.

Guess it doesn't matter now... since they are sold. I would suspect the reason for selling, is that the tread on the tires didn't work out well in snowy Canada.
Hey there. Havent hopped on here in a bit but thought i’d give ya an update. I actually did end up buying them, and fit beautifully. I’ll attach some photos

DA7233CA-CDAF-404D-96FE-0E51F3F9761D.jpeg

A7931FDD-412C-4F68-AE7D-5ED4CB94D4C6.jpeg

Will have to find the part number but I was able to get mkz lincoln logo centercaps to fit also.

Members online

Back