Parts

Haydenlo555

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question about interchangeable parts. Are the suspension components interchangeable on ALL Lincoln LS models? I need to replace my front end or at least the upper control arms. My neighbor has a 2003 Lincoln ls in good shape and I was wondering if I could take those for my 2005 LS. I’m not cheap but if I can save money, why not?

Suspension parts between a 2003 and 2005 will be fine, both are the same generation (2).
If you are talking about springs and/or shocks, then make sure that both are V8 or V6, sport or non-sport.

Upper control arms are swap-able. If I find a good upper front at the junk yard I pull it to have an extra around. For $10 it is worth it to me to have a spare sitting around. Lower front control arms have different ball joint sizes. Early LS's are 14mm and later are 16mm. I just changed out a RR knuckle from a 2003 into my 2000 and it matched up. Sway bar bushings are different based on the engine and suspension type.

It would be best to know the milage of the "donor" car. Most of the LS control arm components are usually worn out by 130-150k miles.

If the ball socket on the UCA feels loose and sloppy... it's not worth the time and effort to install. They are "non servicable".

for the uppers just buy the ebay ones or get a good used part from a wrecked 2010+ XF/XJ, some have under 50k miles

don’t waste an hour of your life pulling a bad part

I would never recommend using any aftermarket suspension parts on the LS, or Ebay parts.

Don't waste 2 hours of your life swapping bad parts twice.

I would never recommend using any aftermarket suspension parts on the LS, or Ebay parts.

Don't waste 2 hours of your life swapping bad parts twice.
my ebay top arms are still going 40k later on my jag. it’s the same garbage as moog mevo delco etc. if you never want to worry about a bad part again go buy the lemforders from here and you’ll be set for life, these guys ask zero questions. i return wipers and oil filters and they don’t care.

Jaguar Control Arm - Lemforder XR852090 | FCP Euro

Jaguar Control Arm - Lemforder XR852091 | FCP Euro

Screenshot_20210416-090923.png

Members online

No members online now.
Back