A/C blowing cool problem: Diagnosis Confirmation

Ha, never met a mechanic, or anyone in any trade for that matter that hasnt rigged something temporarily before

You obviosly have never worked as a mechanic for a dealership. They don't keep HACKS around. If a mechanic can't perform and put out good quality work... the dealership won't put up with it. There's NO jerry rigging at a dealership.

Same with most other independent shops that have a good reputation.

Same with people in the trades. People that do crappy work... or can't do the job... or cut corners... are usually shown the door.

Yeah well not where I was at, I called and they neither rented nor sold them. At any rate ratchet straps work great, you just have to put the bolt back in the shock and through the ratchet straps. Use one on each side and put both ends on the bolt at the bottom and loop straps over the top inside bolts on top, it can't possibly fall off this way. The only danger is if the strap breaks which is highly unlikely because I used the cheapest crap harbor freight straps that you can get. They were however brand new and not frayed or ripped in any way. Please note this only works on the rear springs, to do the much stronger front springs will require an E 150 van or heavier with a receiver hitch on the front, but that's a story for a different day.

You obviosly have never worked as a mechanic for a dealership. They don't keep HACKS around. If a mechanic can't perform and put out good quality work... the dealership won't put up with it. There's NO jerry rigging at a dealership.

Same with most other independent shops that have a good reputation.

Same with people in the trades. People that do crappy work... or can't do the job... or cut corners... are usually shown the door.
Yeah well guess what, I'm not working at a dealership, I'm fixing a $1,000 trashed Lincoln in my driveway is cheaply as possible with a $100 Craftsman tool set worth of tools. As I said before, send cash, send parts or kindly STFU. Thanks ;)

Well... one of these days it will come back to bite you... or someone else. If it happens to be someone else... I hope you can live with it.

30 plus years ago... a local salvage yard owner was working on his own vehicle in his driveway. Had the vehicle suspended from the wrecker... and the winch randomly failed. His family found him pinned under the car.

If you half ass your brake job... and end up killing somebody... I hope you can live with the consequences.

There IS a reason the LS has 4 workshop manuals... and gives specific step by step instructions... and torque specs. But you probably don't even own a torque wrench.

Yeah I sure do, and it looks like this, ha!
2868_22HD_4.5ed52384c0bc7.png

You don't need no stinking torque wrench, you just tighten the first one till it breaks and then tighten the rest a little bit less than that, everyone knows that.

Sounds about right for you. Better watch those left side lug nuts on mid to laye 60's Chrysler products.

You'll be breaking them all regardless.

Lol, well just keep in mind that while you're sitting at the dealership waiting for the internet to load and tell you what to do next I'll be rolling again with the random crap I had in my trunk and found in the ditch.

I got away from that racket a looong time ago.

Ya.know... if you had read the brake section in the LS (paper) manual... you would have realized thst there was a special tool to screw the caliper piston in at the same time you compress it.... instead of using a pair of pliers.

But hey.... you don't need to read anything ... right. Never mind that that technology has been out for a decade or more.

That 74 Gremlin stsrting to sound better now??? Kinda hard to mess up 4 wheel drum brakes... isn't it???

I rented the brake tool, when it's available I use it, when it's not I make it work. That's how you get it done bud. You'll figure it out someday.

And for the record I never claimed to be a master mechanic, I said from the start I was fixing junk with limited tools so I'm not sure why you're so surprised.

Members online

No members online now.
Back