POWER DISTRIBUTION COVER (help)

bhans40

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to get into the distribution box to pull the fuse for the fuel pump. I can't it won't let me. On the top it says to "Pull" with a couple of arrows pointing to the rear firewall.....So as bright as I am I do as It says and "Pulled", tapped it, I even pryed on it.... no joy for Bruce...none!...I do not want to break it so would one of you folks instruct this old guy on how it's done?.....IF you tell me it's a piece of cake I'll be a happy camper really.....I just don't seem to understand the procedure......reason? Local shop wants $200 and change to do a compression check so you see why I want to pull the fuse..... Bruce L. Hansen.....Senior Citizen.....Alive by the Grace of God

I need to get into the distribution box to pull the fuse for the fuel pump. I can't it won't let me. On the top it says to "Pull" with a couple of arrows pointing to the rear firewall.....So as bright as I am I do as It says and "Pulled", tapped it, I even pryed on it.... no joy for Bruce...none!...I do not want to break it so would one of you folks instruct this old guy on how it's done?.....IF you tell me it's a piece of cake I'll be a happy camper really.....I just don't seem to understand the procedure......reason? Local shop wants $200 and change to do a compression check so you see why I want to pull the fuse..... Bruce L. Hansen.....Senior Citizen.....Alive by the Grace of God

Your not the only one that the "pull" arrows stumped. If you look at that corner of the box where the arrows point, and down below that edge between the box and the anti freeze tank hose, you'll see the box has a single little plastic clip. pry that clip slightly towards the fire wall and lift up on the firewall end of the box cover and bingo it will open right up. If your going to pull the plugs to check compression, be carfull with taking these short threaded plugs out! I wrote up a plug R&R in the How To Articles section to help with the basic idea on how to do it with the least possibility of damaging the aluminum heads.

Your not the only one that the "pull" arrows stumped. If you look at that corner of the box where the arrows point, and down below that edge between the box and the anti freeze tank hose, you'll see the box has a single little plastic clip. pry that clip slightly towards the fire wall and lift up on the firewall end of the box cover and bingo it will open right up. If your going to pull the plugs to check compression, be carfull with taking these short threaded plugs out! I wrote up a plug R&R in the How To Articles section to help with the basic idea on how to do it with the least possibility of damaging the aluminum heads.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm now a happy camper xtriggerman thanks to you.

Hey xtriggernan - great write up on the plugs and coil packs!

Members online

No members online now.
Back