Wheels That Fit Mark VIII's

i say hub swap so much i might be a broken record.
but this is why, the demand is there, the used deals are there, and future replacements will be there.

can you run a 18x9.5 with a 35mm offset in the front and rear of a 98 mark? I just installed strutmasters and their non lowered springs... no other mods done

I have one question the people that have hub swapped the rear what all did u change and from what to get 5x4.5 lug pattern

drilled hubs, drilled rotors, stock brakes.

OR

drilled hubs, cobra rotors, centering rings, caliper relocation brackets.

OR

cobra hubs, cobra rotors, caliper relocation brackets.

drilled hubs, drilled rotors, stock brakes.

OR

drilled hubs, cobra rotors, centering rings, caliper relocation brackets.

OR

cobra hubs, cobra rotors, caliper relocation brackets.
What about cobra hubs drilled rotors and stock brakes

So I’m thinking about getting some American Racing wheels in the mark bolt pattern. They’re 17 inch and have a 40mm offset. Would that offset cause any problems with rubbing? Or would it not work at all.

9B1239BD-9719-45AE-AA10-5B1B13564499.png

On my 95 LSC, I am running the 16"X7" 4.25" radius, American Racing Maverick AR883 Wheels, .40? setback, (they look about the same as OEM in the wheel wells). These wheels were on the car when we bought it.
For now, running Aspen Touring 225/60/16 tires on them
Ivory stripe right:cropped.jpg

Ivory stripe left:cropped.jpg

1995 Ivory Pearl LSC
Ron

Last edited:
New owner of 1996 Mark VIII, I like the idea of mustang wheels, read up on hub conversion options etc. , but I am confused by a couple things related to wheel fitment. First everyone says ls wheels won't fit, a wheel calculator says they move the inside edge of the wheel in 6mm closer to suspension, Okay makes sense, except I see people saying 18x9 with 34 offset fit, the calculator says this is 20mm closer to the suspension, what am I missing? Second according to the calculator most 1994 -2004 mustangs don't seem to cause problems, but in 2005 up Mustangs the positive offset went up significantly, it seems they would fit about right with a 15 -20mm hub adapter/spacer (cheaper easier mustang fit?) yet I can find mention of the fact that generations offset and fitment is different or anyone just using adapter with later generation. Again what I am missing? I tried reading first but I am left confused any help for a newby appreciated, sorry if I missed something in my reading. Thanks

what wheel specs are you inputting for a stock wheel and an LS wheel?
you do need spacers up front for a 17" LS wheel on a mark viii.
they are 17x7.5 with a 60mm offset.
mark viii wheel is 16x7 with a 39mm offset.
thats a 27mm change looks like.

a 18x9 with a 36mm offset is 22mm closer, and we know that works.

Thanks for the help, The web site I checked (Lincoln LS 2001 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs) said 40mm offset for the 2001 LS wheel, so that part makes sense now I guess they just had it wrong. The same site shows a 2004 mustang 17 x 8 with 30 mm offset the calculator says 4mm less inside clearance and 22mm further sticking out, so I figured that would be fine with a hub conversion. It shows 2005 17 x8 with 45 offset which calculates to 19 mm less inside clearance. Would this clear without a spacer? I was thinking I could use some 15 or 20 mm spacer/bolt pattern adapters with these, and not have to do the hub conversion. I also read about changing scrub radius causing handling problems, is the an issue or am I worrying too much about small changes. My goal was to get some 235 55 17s on it for a slightly wider and taller tire thought 17x8 would be a good size, but I am open to suggestion from the more knowledgeable. Thanks again and for any further input.

17x8 et45 should fit, but too sunken in for my liking.
the earlier 17x8s with the 30 mm offset fits pretty well.

Where in Iowa are you located?
Near Waterloo, thanks for the information I think I would prefer the look of the 30mm if I do a hub swap. Any input on using the 45mm offset wheels with 15mm thick 108 to 114 adapters instead of a hub swap?

Long time lurker first time posting. I would like to share my 1996 Mark VIII with this site as thanks for all of the information in this chain! The wheels/tires are:
Wheels:
Konig Freeform Radium Bronze 18x9
Bolt Pattern - 5x108
Offset - 38mm
Hub Diameter - 73.1 (plastic hub rings used)​
Tires:
BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2
255/40R18​
I used information from this group to make my decision on the wheel/tire package. Thanks to all that posted and provided valuable information for Mark VIII Wheels and Tires.

Regards,

Wheels 1.jpg
Wheels 2.jpg
Wheels 3.jpg
Wheels 4.jpg

Yo I love those wheels did you need anything else to go with them or was it a straight up mount and done?

I have spent hours reading to see if a 19x10 rim (5x108) will fit on the rear with a 285/35/19, with an offset of +50. I would think not possible. I have not fender roll etc. all stock.

I haven't seen these before and the TSW Snetterton are currently too expensive for me right now.

I would test fit, however they are 5 and a half hours away from me.

Here are the other threads I found:
Wheel Offset Comparison Pics

Marks on Saleens official thread.

Post your custom wheels

Wheel clearance/tire size

Deep dish 19 inch staggered chrome wheels.jpg

Last edited:
I have spent hours reading to see if a 19x10 rim (5x108) will fit on the rear with a 285/35/19, with an offset of +50. I would think not possible. I have not fender roll etc. all stock.

a 19x10 et45 fits so a 50 shouldn't be too far off. the 285 tire isn't the problem.
would be a lot tougher up front unless its staggered set.

a 19x10 et45 fits so a 50 shouldn't be too far off. the 285 tire isn't the problem.
would be a lot tougher up front unless its staggered set.
Thanks Chris! it is a staggered set with 245/40/19's on for the front. I would prefer to have all the same size to be able to rotate those ultra summer tires. Hey said he bought them for his Jag, but they rubbed. He said he then used 8 mm spacers and they wouldn't tighten enough.

Members online

No members online now.
Back