Climate Control Module Lighting

3BadBirds

LVC Member
Reaction score
A couple of the buttons on my '98 LSC climate control panel no longer illuminate so I assume that they use individual bulbs of some type. Are these bulbs made to be replaced or am I better off just looking for another control panel?

Thanks for the help!

I have same thing with mine. I believe they are LED's. If so, you would have to find the correct voltage, amp, color and type and size. I was thinking to pull a radio and de-soldering LED's to solder into the climate control.

I have same thing with mine. I believe they are LED's. If so, you would have to find the correct voltage, amp, color and type and size. I was thinking to pull a radio and de-soldering LED's to solder into the climate control.

Maybe I'll check out some used replacements first to see if its worth the effort..... Thx

They are good old fashioned bulbs with no color condoms on them.
Direct replacement bulbs are available, but pricey (12-14 usd/each).
I used tipical 14 volt miniature bulbs with some soldering.

I experienced the same problem on my climate control panel in my 1995 Mark VIII. I pulled the unit out and replaced the burned out lights. They are called T-1NEO WEDGE LAMPS-14V. I purchased them from JKL COMPONENTS, PH.#1-800-421-7244. The repair was simple. Good luck.

good to know thanks guys! I was going from the the power window/door lock switches. the covers on my driver side fell off and they looked like green/blue LED's. Same with the Lincoln radio I installed, it has LED's, thinking of it - I installed a single din so the ASHAM 8 would fit in that section. The lights went on it and when I removed the cover they were all LED's or looked like LED's soldered to the board.

I did them in my 94 Mark back in 2013, and the bulbs were just like what my Honda uses throughout the entire dash

Its a bit on the tedious side, but not hard at all thankfully!

Members online

No members online now.
Back