Unbelievable

Dougmcmullen

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just completed the complete cooling system rebuild. All hoses new aluminum t stat housing new dccv new aux water pump new water pump now the drivers side hose connected to the thermostat housing is starting to slip off, bled system completely yesterday and drove it. HELP

Just completed the complete cooling system rebuild. All hoses new aluminum t stat housing new dccv new aux water pump new water pump now the drivers side hose connected to the thermostat housing is starting to slip off, bled system completely yesterday and drove it. HELP
Is the clamp seated properly? Maybe the clamp is shot? I just had one of my clamps go bad when I was putting my coolant system back together so that is always a possibility. I know some of the new parts come with new clamps but there is a few of the hoses that don't (at least in my experience).

New clamp came with hose
Well if the hose is coming off either the clamp is not seated correctly or you have overstretched the clamp regardless if it's new or old. Not too many other things it could really be if the hose is just coming off.

Aftermarket hose and, (worm drive), clamp???

Or OEM???

Even the aftermarket OEM "style" spring clamps don't have the same tension as an OEM spring clamp.

Last edited:

Members online

Back