Gen 2 interior swap into Gen 1

Kenny

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Wondering what is possible and what isn't. I really wouldn't mind just having the front door panels if that's easy. Steering wheel maybe but that idc so much about. Other than that would be the center console. I think that'd be hard because gen 1 has a handbrake but I'd like to hear from anyone that knows or has seen it done.

(Idk how to choose thread forums sorry if this is posted in the wrong one)

I've just started rehabbing my 2000 and I was wondering the first thing. I think the panels might work with a little change. I just pulled on off and I noticed that the 2 screws inside the door handle (that you pull) are lined up differently. The gen 1 screws go down and the gen 2 screws go in (towards the door). Still investigating though.

Also, the parchment colors are a little off and the schemes are a little different. For instance the 2006 I looked at had light carpet whereas my 2000 has dark carpet so you may have put a little thought into how to go about it.

I just recently changed my entire interior of my 2002 sport, from tan to dark graphite.. its not a daunting task its just meticulous and I suggest help from a friend with replacing seating bc the rails will destroy anything they get hung up on and make sure front seats are unbolted completely and recline before unplugging ( if you need to do this at a salvage yard with no battery take a jump box or a cordless drill and u can use that battery to tap into the terminals and maneuver the seat around.) any of the gen2 parts ive used ive had to manipulate to get to fit, but if I can throw my 2 cents out there gen1 seats are wayyyy better, esp 2000 model, the rear has full blown headrest and I love that, my 2002 did not they were very meh looking, I also wired in the heated seats bc I jumped the gun and cut the harness not realizing its plug and play.. so I had to solder and rewire the whole thing. I have swapped upper consoles and double visors both had to be reworked bc they werernt screwed in same location, and cut out headliner to and a couple other things in headliner to make it fit. I also have entire interior if your looking for any parts.

I also wired in the heated seats bc I jumped the gun and cut the harness not realizing its plug and play..

Could you expand on this? Swap in the heated seat, swap in the other ashtray and that's it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back