2000 Lincoln ls problems

Curtrude182

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So my dad and I have been working on my brothers Lincoln ls 3.9 v8 2000. Problem we are having is the automatic transmission won’t go. It goes into gear but no movement. Just creeps forward. Now when the slap shift is engaged it works. Now we’ve replaced selenoid pack. No metal in the trans at all replaces fluids etc. my dad is a mechanic so everything that can be done he can do. We’ve searched and searched forums etc and people have mentioned shifter diodes or replacement etc but we took the shifter out reached down and could switch the gears with the cable manually so it’s doing the same thing with out shifter hooked up. We are stumped. Anyone have any suggestions ? We can’t even find diagrams of the trans or shifter in this car.

Are there any transmission codes appearing in the message center?

So my dad and I have been working on my brothers Lincoln ls 3.9 v8 2000. Problem we are having is the automatic transmission won’t go. It goes into gear but no movement. Just creeps forward. Now when the slap shift is engaged it works. Now we’ve replaced selenoid pack. No metal in the trans at all replaces fluids etc. my dad is a mechanic so everything that can be done he can do. We’ve searched and searched forums etc and people have mentioned shifter diodes or replacement etc but we took the shifter out reached down and could switch the gears with the cable manually so it’s doing the same thing with out shifter hooked up. We are stumped. Anyone have any suggestions ? We can’t even find diagrams of the trans or shifter in this car.
Did you examine your valve body?

"The torque converter in an automatic transmission serves the same purpose as the clutch in a manual transmission. The torque converter is an intricate part with components that include a pump, a turbine, a stator, and a transmission field. If any of these parts fail, the torque converter may make automatic shifting difficult. Even if you manage to get into gear, the transmission may slip in and out of gear." I'm not sure if slap stick uses the torque converter or a different clutch system

Anyone have any suggestions ? We can’t even find diagrams of the trans or shifter in this car.
For the automatic transmission....the most likely culprit is the valve body....

This complex part uses a series of chambers...valves...and springs to direct the flow of pressurized transmission fluid which engages the gears....If the transmission goes into gear....but the vehicle won’t move.... there’s probably not enough hydraulic pressure in the valve body to engage the forward gears

Members online

No members online now.
Back