How much will mark VIII be worth?

Ricksquickviii

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
In 10 or 15 years you think the price of the car will go up?
You think the mark VIII will be known as a muscle car?

its a jungle out there.

Rick

Ricksquickviii said:
In 10 or 15 years you think the price of the car will go up?
You think the mark VIII will be known as a muscle car?

its a jungle out there.

Rick
who cares if it does or not. keep an love your car for what it is not for what it may or may not give you in the future.
Eric

:I with the top 2 the true value is in what the owner thinks.

Anyway who really cares!

I have $3,400 invested in my two I am more proud of how much car I have for $3,400 than if I paid $75k for the two new!

Values...

All I know is that while "book" values on our Marks drop, parts and repair costs rise. I had my rear window shot out early Monday morning before Christmas. Of course, insurance paid for the replacement, but the glass had to be ordered from Ford. No aftermarket glass manufacturers had the part available or even make it. The list from the factory was $1,668.00!!! With installation, the bill to the insurance company was OVER $1,800.00!!! And I had to wait until the 29th to finally get it repaired. It took that long for the glass shop to get the part from the local Ford dealer. Sorry to ramble...my point is whatever its worth to you is what matters most.

Ross

97 Ivory Pearl VIII said:
All I know is that while "book" values on our Marks drop, parts and repair costs rise. I had my rear window shot out early Monday morning before Christmas. Of course, insurance paid for the replacement, but the glass had to be ordered from Ford. No aftermarket glass manufacturers had the part available or even make it. The list from the factory was $1,668.00!!! With installation, the bill to the insurance company was OVER $1,800.00!!! And I had to wait until the 29th to finally get it repaired. It took that long for the glass shop to get the part from the local Ford dealer. Sorry to ramble...my point is whatever its worth to you is what matters most.

Ross

:I

i dont want it remembered as a muscle car it isnt a f****n mustang its a LINCOLN if we wanted muscle cars we would have Pontiac G.T.Os this is a luxury sports car. sorry just a real petpeeve of mine making something of something it aint.

Eric

It would be nice if we could do something to keep their value up, make getting parts easier.

The "Muscle-Car" era was as much about the times as it was about the cars. As much as I love it, I don't think that the Mark VIII was a defining car of the 90's.

it seems like older caddillac are holding there price well....mark viii were only made 3 yrs for gen 1 and 2yrs for gen 2 were i live you don't see many on the road,

Hey Mach8
Hold off on raising the value for a little while,i want to OWN an 8 first :)

Mike

gull wing merc's?...is that not a luxo sports coupe? (last one i saw sell for was $310,000). there is and always will be a market for lsc's. but by the time the mk8 gets into that market gasolene will not be arround anymore and you couldnt drive it anyways, muchless sell it becasue of that.

It's a GT; not muscle (driveline not made for drag), not sports (not quite nimble enough, and seating definitely not supportive enough for lateral G's). I sold my Porsche 928, missed it, and replaced it with the Mark. Similar performance, very comfortable, and with just as many quirks (oddball headlights, for example!). I don't spend enough time at the upper reaches of performance and handling to know how each would compare at 9/10ths. But the experience is definitely similar.
I have, however, made multiple trips across the U.S. in the car, and after ten hours behind the wheel, I feel just as good as when I got in it. So...... Grand Touring Coupe. While it may not have been marketed as such (probably because it was never offered with a manual trans, like the primo exotic GT's were, and because Ford didn't want to emphasize the performance since their target market for this car was obviously older luxury car buyers), but definitely fits the category.

It's a GT; not muscle (driveline not made for drag), not sports (not quite nimble enough, and seating definitely not supportive enough for lateral G's). I sold my Porsche 928, missed it, and replaced it with the Mark. Similar performance, very comfortable, and with just as many quirks (oddball headlights, for example!). I don't spend enough time at the upper reaches of performance and handling to know how each would compare at 9/10ths. But the experience is definitely similar.
I have, however, made multiple trips across the U.S. in the car, and after ten hours behind the wheel, I feel just as good as when I got in it. So...... Grand Touring Coupe. While it may not have been marketed as such (probably because it was never offered with a manual trans, like the primo exotic GT's were, and because Ford didn't want to emphasize the performance since their target market for this car was obviously older luxury car buyers), but definitely fits the category.
It’s not a grand touring coupe buddy did you not see how they had the mark viii run almost 200 mph across the salt flats ? Better yet teksid designed the block same maker for Ferrari... doesn’t take a genius to see there’s not badge calling it a touring coupe that’s what u want to call It and you don’t drive like me either so you never seen a grown man cry going into 3rd gear on a 45 mile per hour street begging me to slow down as I run red light after red light ... you didn’t even own the Porsche either because if you drove like a bat outta hell there proly wouldn’t be no comparing the two ... LSC luxury SPORT coupe key word is ‘sport’ buddy 4.6 is a very ballsy motor and the mark is very very nimble on its feet that’s if your not asking a grandma that is

It’s not a grand touring coupe buddy did you not see how they had the mark viii run almost 200 mph across the salt flats ? Better yet teksid designed the block same maker for Ferrari... doesn’t take a genius to see there’s not badge calling it a touring coupe that’s what u want to call It and you don’t drive like me either so you never seen a grown man cry going into 3rd gear on a 45 mile per hour street begging me to slow down as I run red light after red light ... you didn’t even own the Porsche either because if you drove like a bat outta hell there proly wouldn’t be no comparing the two ... LSC luxury SPORT coupe key word is ‘sport’ buddy 4.6 is a very ballsy motor and the mark is very very nimble on its feet that’s if your not asking a grandma that is
Looks like I touched a nerve. First, I'm not your 'buddy'. Second, the 1987 928 S4 ran 172mph five years earlier at Bonneville, the same configuration as the Mark VIII. Third, the '93 Mark ran 182 mph. NOT 200 mph. Doesn't matter what 'badge' you put on a car, it's obvious what it is, to any mechanically minded motor head. Last, if you're running 'red light after red light', you don't deserve the respect of any other driver. That's just juvenile boasting behavior, impressing only other criminals. And yes, I did own a Porsche 928, I just didn't drive it on the street in stupid ways.
Sad to see that you feel the need to express immature boasting of foolish behavior, on discussion forums. But you have demonstrated just what you are, here, for all to see.

Looks like I touched a nerve. First, I'm not your 'buddy'. Second, the 1987 928 S4 ran 172mph five years earlier at Bonneville, the same configuration as the Mark VIII. Third, the '93 Mark ran 182 mph. NOT 200 mph. Doesn't matter what 'badge' you put on a car, it's obvious what it is, to any mechanically minded motor head. Last, if you're running 'red light after red light', you don't deserve the respect of any other driver. That's just juvenile boasting behavior, impressing only other criminals. And yes, I did own a Porsche 928, I just didn't drive it on the street in stupid ways.
Sad to see that you feel the need to express immature boasting of foolish behavior, on discussion forums. But you have demonstrated just what you are, here, for all to see.
You have also demonstrated how riotously of a sissy you actually are for everyone to see ... who owns a v8 and has never ran a light , your just a boring old bore lol it’s my car buddy I’ll drive it how I want 182 close enough and I bet you poured your little heart out into that Porsche and it’s still on same level as a Lincoln how broke did you feel at that moment you realized that ? Clown lol

I live and die for my Mark And I’m surely not gonna let some queer like yourself call it something that it isn’t this is a discussion board exactly dumb ass for Lincoln lovers not for somebody hiding in the closet like yourself

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back