Random Alarm

bschmeec

LVC Member
Reaction score
About once a month or so, the alarm on my 2006 LS8 goes off. It lasts about 30 seconds and there is nothing I can do to shut it off, including using the fob, putting the key in the ignition, etc... Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas as to why?
Thank you.

How old is the battery, and what condition is it in? (Some auto places will load test for free.)

Do you ever get a trunk ajar indication when it isn't? Same question for the doors?

The hood open switch is another thing to check.

Unfortunately, there are several other possibilities too, the above seem to be the more common causes though.

I have an intermitten alarm on mine as well. I believe it is from the rear drivers side door since I get a door ajar message sometimes. I just manually lock the door anymore so the alarm isn't active.

About once a month or so, the alarm on my 2006 LS8 goes off. It lasts about 30 seconds and there is nothing I can do to shut it off, including using the fob, putting the key in the ignition, etc... Anyone else have this happen? Any ideas as to why?
Thank you.

If you are not getting and door or item ajar errors, I would look into the instrument cluster. Not long ago, my car would just randomly go off as well, so I looked into the principles of operation and found that the instrument cluster is the main component for the alarm system. What I did to fix the problem was to remove my instrument cluster, unplug it, and reconnect it. That was it and my problems went away. But like the others said, make sure your battery is good and make sure you have a good solid ground connection going to the car. Hope this helps. Take care.

Donny

Have a similar issue, car arms itself randomly door or trunk open with me in it doesnt matter. Sometimes my trip odometer resets itself also. Maybe the instrument cluster causes it

Members online

No members online now.
Back