Ed Hall Jr?

If you PM Fordnut he can tell you what the bags run for psi, he may still have gauges on his.

Front airshocks, I'm guessing should be around 70 to 100 psi, between lowered and parked height.

At the rear, I measured my modified bags to be at 58 psi at its lowered stance. 25 to 40 psi on sensor lowered, unmodified bags.

I have only ever tested fronts and they were 112 psi at normal ride height.

Front airshocks, I'm guessing should be around 70 to 100 psi, between lowered and parked height.
Mine were about 65psi
At the rear, I measured my modified bags to be at 58 psi at its lowered stance. 25 to 40 psi on sensor lowered, unmodified bags.
Yep, me too.
At that PSI its not a fun ride.
Wore out fronts at low PSI will make you want to go to springs.

The problem with Ed is hes a general dumb ass. It was far more than just sliming bags.

Now I understand in a pinch that you would need to use it. Im fine with that. Its using it as a permanent temporary fix that I take issue with. But that's just me. I feel to "fix" something you need to actually fix it and not just put a bandaid on it and call it good.

Right on the Mark, I would never group you in with Ed. You have done a lot for the hobby, shown people how to make their Marks better for cheap and have shown yourself to be a knowledgeable and helpful person. I have respect for members like you.

What is that? " a permanent temporary fix"?

How can you use it permanently if it's only a temp fix. Sooner or later it's going to fail so it can't be perm.

How can you use it permanently if it's only a temp fix. Sooner or later it's going to fail so it can't be perm.

It is a fix that will be good enough until it breaks.
I've used the slime in my riding lawn mower tires, works great. Based on what I've seen it works great in the bags too. If you've used this stuff and got it on anything or spilled it and seen it dry you know that the bag will probably fail before the slime gives up.
This is the problem, the bag was leaking for a reason. Eventually it will die a catastrophic failure is the fear. Combine that with towing say a 2000lb trailer in your trusty mark with less than desireable breaking performance and this story just ends badly.
I could see doing this to get by in a pinch but I could see where this becomes a false sense of security having "worked to fix" the problem.
Keep in mind I'm talking about normally street driven cars here.

Just a FYI these are still in red dragon to this day. I ran high 10's @ 120+ mph last year on them. lol Opps

Hi everyone, so I can't get across the boarder due to covid, and considering using slime till they re-open the boarder as you cannot find these in Canada.

There are three types of slime, I would think that the "blue" formula would be the correct type for this, but wanted to confirm.

i thought you meant the actual slime was blue so i had to google.
blue seems fine, pump some in there and see what happens.

Thanks Chris, I thought the blue type made sense, but wanted to confirm with those that have had success.

oh dear, not a fan of that place.

How can people find out about specific issues and resolutions there? I would think the forum is much more organized to look and search?

oh dear, not a fan of that place.

How can people find out about specific issues and resolutions there? I would think the forum is much more organized to look and search?
Keep trying here with knowing it may be a week for a reply. I try and stop in once a week. I also hate Facebook

Thanks slowmkviii.

Chris join us back here on this site and bring all the others back with you!

Members online

No members online now.
Back