New guy in Ky

Dan Ireland

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new not only to this site , but to the world of Lincoln as well. Just yesterday bought an 05 Ls. Beautiful car. Very well kept for its age. But it does have a few seemingly minor issues that I'm hoping to get help in resolving here. I found a video on you-tube that showed how to do the A/C self diagnostic. got codes 27 98, 12 65, 12 63. No idea what these mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B2798 2798 Driver Coolant Control Valve Circuit Short to Ground
This could be the wiring, but it is almost always the DCCV, a common failure. Get only the Motorcraft part to replace it. The aftermarket ones (even with lifetime warranty) only last for about a month. The Motorcraft part last for years.

B1265 1265 Cold Air Bypass Door Actuator Circuit Failure Invalid code. Vehicle not equipped with cold air bypass door actuator. Ignore this code and continue diagnostics.
Ignore this one on your 2nd gen LS, it's a software bug.

B1263 1263 Panel Door Actuator Circuit Failure
If you can control where the air comes out, then you can ignore this one. Codes for the air doors are sometimes set because they sometimes stick momentarily. The DATC will wiggle them back and forth to free them when this happens, and that usually works.

Welcome to LVC. As you can see you have great help already for your beautiful LS.

These dudes know their stuff well.

Good Luck!
-Svets

Yes so true. In the short time I've been a member , everyone been so nice . I'm in the process of checking the things they suggested. Just alot going on right now.

ok update. Everything was pointing to a blend door issue. Found one on eBay reasonably priced and started researching how to replace it. Most everything on YouTube said it was a 5hr job and had to remove the dash.... all videos but 1. This guy was saying you can go in behind glove box. So that's what I tried. About an hour later ac was blowing great. Its just one of the issues the car has. But it's one more done. BIG BIG thanks to the guys here who helped point me to some possible causes.

Glad everything went well and as plan for you.

Awesome tip on the glove box. I like hearing simpler ways to do complexed cars.

Members online

Back