Best Brand of Air Strut currently available? What do you have?

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have found four: What do you believe is the best and what are do you have installed? I found and aftermarket supplier that has original Ford, however they want close to $1000 each.

Westar:$217.99 (Autozone) currently out of stock.

And
Suncore: $213.99 currently on ebay. The air bag doesn't look rubber.
1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Front Left Air Ride Suspension Air Strut Assembly | eBay

And
shockmasters: $189
Front Left Air Suspension Air Strut Assembly for 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII | eBay

And
Unity Automotive:$140.00
98 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Suspension Air Strut - Suspension - Unity, Westar, Front Left, Front Right - PartsGeek

Air is awesome! Especially if you an ASHAM8 or equivalent device to adjust the height at will.
If your M8 was converted to springs, it depends on how much was removed of the air system and how it was removed. If it was cut out, you have to replace all air lines. If just the struts and air bags in the back were removed, you should have all the components still in your M8.

First look for the air compressor/dryer in the pass. fender. Then look for the sensors in the front wheel wells and one in the center of for the back bags.

I remember seeing a weird hose on the passenger side inner fender when I replaced the fuel filter last year, what's ASHAM8? ill take a good look tomorrow I'm at the gym with my wife and we took her subie.

ASHAM8 is a small electronic device w/ LED's. it allows you to lower or raise the suspension height and the LED's provide a display so you know the exact height you are at. Do some searches here, you will see how many have custom added them in many cool locations from in the dash to stealth locations.

See here for full details of how i installed it. I wanted to be able to adjust mine on the fly. Not just road conditions as the system does automatically, but also to current driving conditions as well.
Asham 8 if you were thinking of getting one...

I got a chance to look under the car and took a bunch of pictures I don't know if any of them are useful though
20200812_134930.jpg
20200812_134837.jpg
20200812_134729.jpg
20200812_134708.jpg
20200812_134714.jpg

Air is awesome! Especially if you an ASHAM8 or equivalent device to adjust the height at will.
If your M8 was converted to springs, it depends on how much was removed of the air system and how it was removed. If it was cut out, you have to replace all air lines. If just the struts and air bags in the back were removed, you should have all the components still in your M8.

First look for the air compressor/dryer in the pass. fender. Then look for the sensors in the front wheel wells and one in the center of for the back bags.
Can you upload a pic of what I'm looking for on the passenger side? If possible I'm gonna pull the fender liner tomorrow and snap a pic to show you what I've got because the more I think about it all I'm more and more determined to reconvert to air.

Can you upload a pic of what I'm looking for on the passenger side? If possible I'm gonna pull the fender liner tomorrow and snap a pic to show you what I've got because the more I think about it all I'm more and more determined to reconvert to air.
I do not have any photos of the compressor but the attached will help you.
Air suspension parts location.png
It has four air lines going into to it and has rubber isolators where it bolts to the frame.

Members online

Back