New Car

Budzilla01

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just saved an o1 ls v8 Base model sort of lol. It runs and drives but I have had it scanned and have p1504 iac control circuit. Mind you this is a pocket code reader from Walmart "all I could afford at the time". I went ahead and replaced the idle air control valve already and maf sensor so those are brand new and still no luck, if someone could help point me in the right direction of either posts or someone with a wealth of knowledge that could help if appreciate it I'm new to this site

You need to trace the wiring between the IAC and the PCM. There is possibly a break (open) somewhere.

Alright thank you. I will attempt to look today, I'll get back to you with results and questions if that's alright

So mine came up with the same code last week, I replaced intake air temp sensor(?) (the little guy to the left of MAF) still got the code, tightened down all my hoses and turned the sensor 90 degrees so the filament caught incoming air in-line and code went away. idk if this is what helped but it hasn't came back. $23 part at Oreillys pn#AX31, in stock

Order a legit ELM-Config HS/MS OBDII to USB. With Mac boot into Windows dual boot, or a Windows10 PC (Don't use a tablet you will not get same results.) Download FORscan.org (I think is address) buy a year license and You will be able to do everything a dealer can do. It is required for Keys, Fobs, PATS and full diagnostics and freeze frame, PIDS, and will pinpoint issues or at least it has for me. You need 2 Factory Keys for car or get them made before using PATS or PCM options otherwise you will be immobile. All in you'll spend 20-40 bucks and its fool proof software IMO. PM me if you want to know where my cable came from, not all ELM are created equal.

Got the car running no more check engine light any more. Was missing a fuse for the iac but mines an 01 and says that fuse is unused and they only use it on 02 and up, also I replaced the TPS sensor and it's running like a champ

Got the car running no more check engine light any more. Was missing a fuse for the iac but mines an 01 and says that fuse is unused and they only use it on 02 and up, also I replaced the TPS sensor and it's running like a champ
which slot in which box?

Members online

Back