1998 Mark viii Lsc low beam conversion.

pcstac

LVC Member
Reaction score
This is how I hooked my conversion kit up. It only worked for two nights. What did I do wrong? Thanks for any help. View attachment 828574606

View attachment 828574608

1.jpg

Looks like you did it right as long as you only used the plug end off the OEM ballast power wires. If the wires were reverse on the bulbs, They may or may not work. I have what looks like the same ballasts you have there and one of them went bad right away and burned out the bulb while the other is still working as it should. Sometimes the bad ballast will light my spare bulb and some times not. I ordered another set off Ebay for 26 bucks shipped just to have a spare ballast and bulbs. I think the quality of these China units is pretty poor. If some one knows of a better quality kit, I may swap it in.

I've been working on it today. On the passenger side I ended up touching a ground wire to the corner of the ballast and after removing it the light came on. But now I can't get it to come on again even with a ground wire. Today I converted the driver side the same way. It is working so far tonight. You might be right about the ballast been bad. Thanks for the reply.

Last night the drivers side was working. Tonight the passenger side is working. Must be taking turns. I don't know what could cause that.

This morning I started the car up and turned on the headlights and both worked. Turned them off and back on and only 1 worked. I turned them on and off a few times and sometime 2 would work and sometimes 1. And sometimes neither would work. What could the problem be?

My right side works regularly but the left ballast is toast on mine. I think I made a mistake ordering the same ballasts if your having that trouble with yours. Mine are identical to yours. At least I get a pair of new bulbs with the new 26 dollar kit. I'm going to order some different ballasts and hope they are better quality. I think it comes down to quality of the ballasts. If I'm not mistaken, they fire the bulbs with a high voltage capasitor type discharge just to get them lit. And the canbus box on there may make it a bit less reliable? IDK but I'm defiantly getting "better?/different" ones....

My right side works regularly but the left ballast is toast on mine. I think I made a mistake ordering the same ballasts if your having that trouble with yours. Mine are identical to yours. At least I get a pair of new bulbs with the new 26 dollar kit. I'm going to order some different ballasts and hope they are better quality. I think it comes down to quality of the ballasts. If I'm not mistaken, they fire the bulbs with a high voltage capasitor type discharge just to get them lit. And the canbus box on there may make it a bit less reliable? IDK but I'm defiantly getting "better?/different" ones....
Modular97LSC Is a member here. I talked to him on facebook and he recommended DDM Tubing. I think I'm going to give them a try.

I just bought a DDM Tuning conversion kit online. Hopefully that will fix my problem.

I installed the DDM Tuning kit. Seem to be having the same problem. One light does work sometimes. Must be wiring. I'm going to be checking to see what I did wrong.

I think I got them fixed. I just undone it and started over. I think I had some wires hooked up backwards. I used the DDM Tuning ballast with the 5000k bulbs that came with the other kit. I drove it a couple miles tonight to try them out. They worked great. I'm afraid of them though after the trouble I had with them. Might take awhile for me to trust them. Thanks everyone for the help.

Members online

No members online now.
Back