Problems with 02 Deville

Tom_Cat

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just pick up a 02 Deville in very god condition, the car sat for 4 years’

Problem 1 the brake, abs and traction control warning lights are on, breaks work fine.

Problem 2 the fuel gage dos not work at all, you can fill it and it reads e.

Problem 4 on the information canter it says “check stability sys”

Problem 5 she heats up ever now and then, some times you can go 2o mi and she gets hot or you can go 120 mi and temp stays normal, I changed the thermostat and it made no difference

I took the lower dash down and found a mouse nest, there is a black box hanging down by the parking brake. It has 3 sets of wires on one and 3 sets of plug ins on the other but no wires attached, I will take a pic when it is light out tomorrow.

It runs and drives great!

Any one know were I can get a online wiring schematic for free, I am a maintenance worker so do have trouble shooting skills.

Thank you for any insight or help.

Heath Whipple

Problem 1 the brake, abs and traction control warning lights are on, breaks work fine.

Problem 2 the fuel gage dos not work at all, you can fill it and it reads e.

Problem 4 on the information canter it says “check stability sys”

Problem 5 she heats up ever now and then, some times you can go 2o mi and she gets hot or you can go 120 mi and temp stays normal, I changed the thermostat and it made no difference
#1 Brakes work fine but does Anti-lock system work? You'll find out if your in the North come winter
#2 fuel problem ...more than likely the float is stuck or broke off completely but in reality you need to check out if there is some fuses or wires messed up
#3 Is the air shocks still working? Does the car go over 90 mph ...if ot doesnt then more than likely the air bags for shocks are the issue ...or does the Cadillac have converted shocks?
#4 Over heating...hoping your head gasket isn't blown ...Northstar is prone to this ...complete top engine rebuild if this is the case...but if not then what about a coolant flush and checking out the fan to make sure there isn't a short in the wires??? You could have a ship put some refrigerant dye in the coolant to see if there is a leak...I'm assuming you picked this Caddy up cheap ...been sitting a while if mice are nesting ...good luck

sorry for the lat reply, things have ben hectic around here.

the ABS TC and fuel gage stability system have all ben fixed, mouse eaten wires under the car.

the over heating problem turned out to be the wrong radiator cap (stem to short), i replaced it with correct cap and filled it with Dex-cool and she has not heated up once.

yes i got the car cheep
Thank you for you time.

Heath

Members online

No members online now.
Back