06 ls with number 6 miss

jel930

LVC Member
Reaction score
so i have an 06 ls and for the life of me i cant get this thing to stop having a miss on the number 6 cylinder i have changed out the spark plug and coil and did a compression test on it and cant figure out whats going on.

also after letting it sit for 30 min or so she has a hard start but first thing in the morning she starts just fine and same with if i let her set for just a few minutes

First things first, what is the exact five character OBDII code or codes that you are getting?

Its the famous p0306
Okay, I wanted to make sure it wasn't P0356, which would be a clear electrical problem.
Let's also be clear about which cylinder is #6, driver's side, 2nd from the front. (front is 5, back is 8)
How are your bank 2 short and long term fuel trims? More missing when hot or cold? Plug gap verified to be 1.0mm?

also after letting it sit for 30 min or so she has a hard start but first thing in the morning she starts just fine and same with if i let her set for just a few minutes
What brand spark plug? What brand plug? You obviously switch plugs and COPs from different cylinders that are working to #6 cylinder that has the miss with no avail correct? What color is the plug when you took it out Black, gray, brown , white? Have you used a fuel injector cleaner yet? Did you unplug the MAF connector before starting the LS and then start the car and see if it still runs or does it run like crap without the MAF plugged in?

When was your battery replaced last? Are you getting the right amount of air...fuel and a spark in the engine....

If the mass airflow sensor or O2 sensors aren't working correctly, or the throttle body is clogged with excess carbon or if the engine air filter is very clogged... you might not get enough air into the engine... These all could make your LS have difficulty starting....At the end of the day....the most common reason that your car might not start up easily...even if it's only been sitting for a few hours.... is low fuel pressure.

Does it run rough during a cold start. Suspect a internal leak with the EGR VALVE. Replace it with a genuine Motorcraft brand.

Also use your old scan tool to see if the engine vacuum is good if its low or erratic suspect a leaking EGR valve

Check for fuel pressure loss? Sometimes injectors can get stuck or leak into the combustion chamber. Also, check for a loose injector connector. At this age, the plastic could be brittle so approach with caution.

Sounds like hot soak/heat soak to me.

"When the engine is shut off, the injectors undergo heat soak. Fuel residue evaporates in the injector nozzles, leaving the waxy olefins behind. ... Over time, these deposits can build up and clog the injectors. A vehicle may have low mileage, but short drive cycles and increased heat soaks can clog the injector."

Members online

No members online now.
Back