Frustrated, I put in Subaru Cup Holders!

xtriggerman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my car the carpet was heavily stained down the back of the console carpet on both sides. A testament to the absolutely idiotic design of the Gen 2 cup holders. Absolutely worthless. So as much as I hated the idea of cutting up the Dash's smooth lines, My last out of state trip pushed me past my reluctance. I bought a couple different ones off Ebay and the Subaru looked to be the deepest that would fit inside the passenger side dash.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-2013-2018-Subaru-BRZ-Center-Console-Cup-Holder-NEW-92134CA000/322299624737?fits=Model:BRZ|Make:Subaru&epid=1022188032&hash=item4b0a8dfd21:g:zK8AAOSwo9ZdjmR2
So I had at it with a hole saw...
Mzqc0oEl.jpg

A air cut off wheel was used to trim some of the inner frame but not much just so the entire cup unit fits down in nearly flush all the way around. I put one long scew down the middle that is tap treaded into the metal frame underneath. The holes in the air flow chamber get a section of sticky foam pad over the holes and the cups outer press the foam in for a no leak fit.
cjMttfBl.jpg

lHsHNibl.jpg

Too bad they don't come in tan brown.
Its the best I could do and if it keeps the wife from ....you know... Its well worth the trouble:)
By the way, I'm posting a new "How To" on making your own 9005 bulb adapters out of your OEM low beam bulbs. It will be up in 2 parts for pic space limits.

Don't waste your time with morimoto HID's they're bright as all fuck but they scatter the light pretty bad, they're great in projectors but not in our reflector housings good job with the cup holders, would a rig between the front and back seats not working?

Don't waste your time with morimoto HID's they're bright as all fuck but they scatter the light pretty bad, they're great in projectors but not in our reflector housings good job with the cup holders, would a rig between the front and back seats not working?

Been checking out these HID's and your right they scatter the light all around making the roadway dull.
What Bulbs are you running in the Low's? I wanted cup holders I could grab while keepin an eye on the road. I-40 around here runs 75-80mph as cruising speed and jerks still weave and tail gate as habits. Holders up front is mandatory.

I'm running the morimoto 9006 elites and I'm disappointed with them, I'm gonna try the diode dynamics next although I'm gonna keep using the ballasts from the morimotos because they're next level in terms of quality. But if we have to drive at night we take my wife's '17 subaru impreza hatch. As far as cupholders i grabbed this from advance auto.
20200731_131234.jpg

Members online

Back