Frustrated please any ideas?

Dougmcmullen

LVC Member
Reaction score
01 lincoln ls v8 replaced gas still showing check gas cap no leaks vaccum or otherwise had a emissions leak line replaced any ideas

01 lincoln ls v8 replaced gas still showing check gas cap no leaks vaccum or otherwise had a emissions leak line replaced any ideas
Did you try a new gas cap? I was battling this same issue with my 2006 LS final after buying the third gas cap it was happy again :)

The fuel cap at O'Reilly's, (if it is still made in Israel), is a good one.

Also... make sure the filler neck where the gas cap seals... is clean. It tends to get dirt buildup on it... preventing a good seal.

I make it a habit to wipe off the neck with a damp paper towel when refueling.

Any particular codes?

There are a couple of previous discussions on the forum that might help as well. Here's one that came up in a quick Google search Gas Cap There were at least 4 or 5 others when I searched on Lincoln LS Check Fuel Cap

Thanks MKC. I was being lazy and didn't feel like using the forum search function.

IIRC... one of the issues could also be a seal or bad vent valve at the tank.

IIRC... another issue could also be an evap/purge cannister or solenoid in the engine bay.

Thank you for the search tip 04_Sport_LS. I could never figure out why some search's got me right to the point and others got me nowhere. Now to try it out on the ... FEOA website.

You're welcome

With the forum search function... there is a fine line between being too specific... and not specific enough.

Google definitely filters better and easier

There is a really easy check of the evap purge valve that you can do. All that is needed is a small hand held vacuum pump. You take the hose off the valve at the most convenient location, and apply vacuum with a hand held pump to the valve. It should hold vacuum. If it does not, there is at least your first leak. Check youtube for evaporative canister purge valve diagnosis, easiest test ever. $30 USD for that handheld vacuum pump.

Members online

No members online now.
Back