Urethane Spring Seats - possible source found

So you'd rather buy 4 used shocks at $200 each... than part out your existing shocks for the bottom isolators and sell the Sport rear springs separately???

The springs are obsolete... and you could probably get $200 alone for the pair of springs as long as they are in good condition. Let the spring buyer worry about sourcing the isolators... of which they will probably reuse their old ones.

IIRC... there was a recent thread where someone was looking for a set of rear Gen 1 Sport springs.

And the shocks aren't that bad to pull. It took me roughly 20 minutes per side.

Loosen the 4 top bolts on each shock in trunk to where the top of the nut is at the top of the threads. (not the big center nut)

Unbolt and pull bolt from bottom of shock.

Unbolt rear toe link.

Unbolt lower control arm from the knuckle and let lower control arm hang.

Pull the 4 nuts at the top of the shock. With a little wiggling... the shock assembles will pretty much fall right out.

Just a few sockets and wrenches are all that's needed. You can figure that out by looking at your LS.

The only other tools you may need is a taper punch and a hammer to tap the bolts out of the bottom of the shock... and the bottom of the knuckle.

If you feel unsafe doing it that way... you could take a small floor jack with you... to support the lower control arm at the knuckle. That way you won't get any surprises.

As long as the vehicle isn't close to or on the ground... it should be an easy job.

Almost forgot... don't remember for sure... but you may need tools to disconnect the bottom sway bar link bolt... and for the parking brake cable, (just to get it out of the way).

So you'd rather buy 4 used shocks at $200 each... than part out your existing shocks for the bottom isolators and sell the Sport rear springs separately???
No! I am trying to find a shop to sell me 4 jaguar rear springs or the part itself. Or 4 from LSes. Not being picky at this point for sure. But if I can only find them from like 1 LS then I will take my springs apart and grab the other 2.

But if I can only find them from like 1 LS then I will take my springs apart and grab the other 2.

That is most likely going to be your only option... because the lower isolators, (spring seats), aren't available on the aftermarket. I already told you that.

The Moog springs won't come with them either. Bilsteins won't come with them either.

IIRC... the isolators only come with the OEM LS shocks... and the isolators only come with the OEM Jag springs.

That is most likely going to be your only option... because the lower isolators, (spring seats), aren't available on the aftermarket. I already told you that.

The Moog springs won't come with them either. Bilsteins won't come with them either.

IIRC... the isolators only come with the OEM LS shocks... and the isolators only come with the OEM Jag springs.
I never said they were on the market.... I am sourcing junkyards around the USA. Some sell the whole assemblies for around $40 each.

Stay away from junkyards in the snow belt/rust belt. You'll play hell trying to get the isolators off a rusty shock.
I am trying in my own state first (areas it never snows in). I am waiting on phone calls from several places right now.

And you need to be a little more clear about what you are doing.

First... it sounded like you were looking at used shocks for $200 each. Then it sounded like you werr trying to source new isolators and springs from a parts store.

Then... you say this:

I am sourcing junkyards around the US

NOW... you are saying you are seaching locally. You really need to make up your mind.

You say you aren't being picky... but you are. In fact... you are overthinking all of this.

I know I'm done here. I don't like going in circles.

...Almost forgot... don't remember for sure... but you may need tools to disconnect the bottom sway bar link bolt... and for the parking brake cable, (just to get it out of the way).

This step can sometimes/many times be the most difficult part. I take a battery sawzall with me just in case. I haven't resorted to using it yet, but I have come close...

And you need to be a little more clear about what you are doing.

First... it sounded like you were looking at used shocks for $200 each. Then it sounded like you werr trying to source new isolators and springs from a parts store.

Then... you say this:

NOW... you are saying you are seaching locally. You really need to make up your mind.

You say you aren't being picky... but you are. In fact... you are overthinking all of this.

I know I'm done here. I don't like going in circles.
I think you need to calm down a bit dude.... it comes off quite rude.... I have been very clear in what I am trying to do here. Your the one who wants to keep chiming in so many times. I thank you for helping me but... please do so without rudeness. I have tried my best to be clear it's not my fault if you read it wrong and tried to read more into it. Last time I checked within my state is part of the USA... I started within my state on my search what is so wrong with that? I am searching anyplace I can for it used........ If I read you wrong on this I do apologize but you come off angry many times for no dang reason... And honestly, if you think I am being lazy cause of not being able to go to the junkyards then maybe understand I live with a feeding tube in me and have had many major operations on my stomach, colon, and esophagus.

Last edited:
This is my last post in this thread.

Dale,

I am aware of your health situation. You mentioned it a few years ago... and I haven't forgotten. "But for the grace of God... there go I" ... is what my mom used to say.

You've also made me aware of your financial situation in the past. THIS... is why I have been trying to help you.

I've tried to take your situation into consideration... but dammit dude... whether you realize it or not... you've been all over the place with your comments and ideas.

Believe me... I can be anal too... but you can tend to make things alot more difficult than they have to be.

There's stubborn... and then there's bull headed. You win.

LOL... there are very few people that make me wanna beat my head against a wall... but you are one of them my friend. :confused:

Within the last week or so .. with all the talking done between us on multiple threads... you could have all the parts for your LS already... and be driving it in a few days.

Like I told someone else... the right way is usually the hard way... and the cheap way isn't cheap.

If you want to try to build a better and cheaper mousetrap... that's no skin off my nose. However... I won't be commenting any more on this. You have been given all the pertinent and proper information you need. What you do with it... is your business. Im done trying to point you in the right direction.

If you took the bit out of your teeth every now and then... You'd find that life would be easier. Control is an illusion. We are just renters on this earth.... and everything is but a vapor.

It took me 50+ years to figure that out... and for the most part, life has gotten easier.

No matter how you try to slice it or dice it... you are going to end up spending $1000 - $1200 in parts... plus whatever you have to pay for installation.

If you and I lived closer to each other... and were neighbors or friends... I'd be more than happy to help you do the work... but that isn't the case... and I think we would end up bumping heads anyway. We have in the past on here.

All that being said... I wish you well.

This is my last post in this thread.

Dale,

I am aware of your health situation. You mentioned it a few years ago... and I haven't forgotten. "But for the grace of God... there go I" ... is what my mom used to say.

You've also made me aware of your financial situation in the past. THIS... is why I have been trying to help you.

I've tried to take your situation into consideration... but dammit dude... whether you realize it or not... you've been all over the place with your comments and ideas.

Believe me... I can be anal too... but you can tend to make things alot more difficult than they have to be.

There's stubborn... and then there's bull headed. You win.

LOL... there are very few people that make me wanna beat my head against a wall... but you are one of them my friend. :confused:

Within the last week or so .. with all the talking done between us on multiple threads... you could have all the parts for your LS already... and be driving it in a few days.

Like I told someone else... the right way is usually the hard way... and the cheap way isn't cheap.

If you want to try to build a better and cheaper mousetrap... that's no skin off my nose. However... I won't be commenting any more on this. You have been given all the pertinent and proper information you need. What you do with it... is your business. Im done trying to point you in the right direction.

If you took the bit out of your teeth every now and then... You'd find that life would be easier. Control is an illusion. We are just renters on this earth.... and everything is but a vapor.

It took me 50+ years to figure that out... and for the most part, life has gotten easier.

No matter how you try to slice it or dice it... you are going to end up spending $1000 - $1200 in parts... plus whatever you have to pay for installation.

If you and I lived closer to each other... and were neighbors or friends... I'd be more than happy to help you do the work... but that isn't the case... and I think we would end up bumping heads anyway. We have in the past on here.

All that being said... I wish you well.

Dude, you really need to chill out. Your the one that has made your own self frustrated. I thought we had long ago established what I was doing. I have been trying to source from the damn junkyard the entire time as well. It was never something that I wanted to do but it is my only choice. I am trying to buy used assemblies cause that is the way most of the junkyards do things. I am trying to search closer or down south in general in my search cause of things like rust from the salt and snow and ice. As I said last time, my own state is part of the USA. Also I don't think I ever mentioned it before but I have been emailing junkyards all over the damn USA for the last week so I have been busting my ass in my spare time to get this accomplished.

It's not like I could repair the car right now anyway I am still waiting on the b6's to be delivered to me. We could get along dude if you could take 5 secs and breathe and not read too much into things. Again, as I said I thank you for your help but now dude breathe and clam down and don't take things like a forum so serious that you want to smash your own head into a wall. All I was trying to do was save my set of rear shocks for someone that needs them for a cheap price. I won't likely make a dime off them by the time I buy used assemblies to get them from anyway! But again my intention is to also help someone else out since the rear shocks are pretty much brand new.

I am pretty sure I located the parts I need anyway I have a junkyard that is calling me back in the morning and they are only charging like $40 for each assembly and about $40 total for shipping. Also, had one that was pretty sure they could just get me a used set of seats from several springs they have for the LS. I am pretty sure it's not going to be a problem getting it used and never thought it would be in that aspect either.

Last edited:
IIRC... there was a recent thread where someone was looking for a set of rear Gen 1 Sport springs.
I think you're right...and I wouldn't mind having a spare set myself...these parts aren't going to be around forever
Loosen the 4 top bolts on each shock in trunk to where the top of the nut is at the top of the threads. (not the big center nut)

Unbolt and pull bolt from bottom of shock.

Unbolt rear toe link.

Unbolt lower control arm from the knuckle and let lower control arm hang.

Pull the 4 nuts at the top of the shock. With a little wiggling... the shock assembles will pretty much fall right out.

Just a few sockets and wrenches are all that's needed. You can figure that out by looking at your LS.
I don't even think I had to unbolt the lower control arm from the knuckle ...the Shock Absorber has enough room to just slide out from bottom

IIRC... the isolators only come with the OEM LS shocks...

Are you talking front shocks or rear shocks or both? I have a set of new OEM front shocks for my 2002 LS still in the box but they did not come with new isolators. Just wondering.

Yeah... someone else mentioned the same thing. Seems I was wrong. So evidently then the isolators come with new OEM springs... or Ford intended for the isolators to be reused.

Doesn't matter at this point... because neither the LS or Jag isolators seem to be available separately.

Members online

Back